1995 '67 Camaro, the Holy Grail of Treasure Hunts

iowastockcars Wednesday, 8/29/2012

Went my first auction ever as they had lots of NASCAR collectibles and Hot Wheels stuff. I could tell there were a few "collectors" there the way they were bidding on rows of cars. Ahead of time I looked through them and found the 1995 67 Camaro T-Hunt. When it come to that, you had your choice at a row of 12 cars. I bid it up to $12 and another person backed off. I was shaking as I held it in my hands!

South Texas Diecast shows the carded version that I got with a value of $325.00. Got other stuff as well, so much that I wanted but people would bid $9-$10 per row on a table and then they would take multiple rows. Oh well. I got a total of 102 cars and it ended up about .50 each car for early to mid 90s stuff.

Will post pics later.

Discussion

View member profile
GspeedR 8/30/12

Wow!! Congrats, man...good4U!!

nice. Those first Treasure hunts are the most valuable up till the latest Super secret ones. As far as I know anyway.

View member profile
WorpeX 8/30/12

nice. Those first Treasure hunts are the most valuable up till the latest Super secret ones. As far as I know anyway.

Nah, the super secret ones aren't worth much as they're easier to find (They produced more THunts this year then usual). Only around ~$10 a piece.

Great find iowa! Did it come in the blister or is it unpackaged? Also, what else did you score? We need to know!

View member profile
model40fan 8/30/12

way 2 go IOWA, does monty python know you just bought "the grail" ?

View member profile
redlinederby 8/30/12
Site manager

102 cars! Holy damn...if you end up with any dupes let us know because I'm sure there would be trading to be had.

I really need to get out more and look for cars in "less standard" places.

Here they are. They rest are 1/64 NASCAR cars.

Diecast Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox

This one has one of my "must have racers" with the Huffman Stocker

And the most important one. Yeah the card is a little beat up, but I don't care.

View member profile
JDC442 8/30/12

That is unbelievable Iowa!!!
I am sooo jealous right now

You can't see it real well, in the upper hand left corner it says a limit of 10,000. 17 years later, there probably aren't that many still around which drives up that value. I have no idea if the other 95 THs had the same limited release.

Just think how small that number is compared to what is really released now with THs and Super THs. Think about one per box (for the most part) then multiply that across every store.

View member profile
JDC442 8/30/12

Just saw one that sold on eBay for over $400 this month.

Nah, the super secret ones aren't worth much as they're easier to find (They produced more THunts this year then usual). Only around ~$10 a piece.

More like $20 bucks on average for the un-popular ones and higher for the more desirable ones. I think the Treasure Hunts from recent years are next to worthless relatively speaking. The ones from 95 are the real deal, but I'm no expert.

That's an awesome haul IowaStockCars!

to join the conversation or sign-up now