2006 Hot Wheels Classics Hot Curves Race Action Set

delta6 Thursday, 12/25/2014

In short, don't waste your money.

1. The track doesn't assemble according to its instructions. 

2. Instead of 1 piece full & half curves they assemble in 2 pieces for 90 degree curves and FOUR PIECES for 180 curves.

3. Start gate doesn't release both cars at the same time. Finish gate doesn't work well either. Plastic mold is too stiff. 

4. Only 1 raised section in this kit and the supports are attached with a sort of "ball joint" instead of being rigidly connected.

5. Too many segments slows down the cars and they don't pass under the finish with enough force.

6. After using their instructions the track doesn't assemble as it is pictured.

I can't belive that this product or its instructions actually passed a quality assurance procedure. It's really that disappointing and hopefully this review helps someone make an educated decision. 

I recommend purchasing the original 1968 version. After seeing all the disappointing differences I'm not sure why Mattel changed anything. The original was perfect.

Discussion

View member profile
Traction-Event 12/26/14

Bummer to hear all that, cheaper is not better. 

View member profile
redlinederby 12/26/14
Site manager

That's this re-release set, right?

View member profile
CrzyTrkrDude 1/30/15

"I see hot wheels uses smaller boxes, no room for good curves, 24" track strips. wall mart wouldn't stock DRAG TRACKS cause the box too big !"

Being a trucker, I see how things are loaded on pallets and have come to realize, the more they can get on one, the more product they can move, cheaper it is to ship. Too bad they sometimes cut quality in order to make more profit. Some things are just more important to the consumers. Sad to say, the bigger companies may never realize it. 

• wallmart told Wes, of [DRAG TRACKS] the profit per square inch of shelf space was too LOW ! — model40fan
  • It's also how many items they can fit in a shipping container when they come over from China...the smaller the packaging, the better :( — 72_Chevy_C10
to join the conversation or sign-up now