I always loved to watch the Gran Prix of Monaco...those Open Wheeled Chariots of Speed blazing through the streets!!! Now we bring the Thrill of Open Wheel Racing to the track that's Tough to Tame...Bootleg Run!!! Time to see them tackle the Reaper's Switchback as they negotiate Widow Maker and Soul Taker...Speed through the two tunnels...and Blast their way across the Trestle Bridge as they make their Run to the bottom...The Dixie Gran Prix has come to Bootleg Run....Are You Ready to Make Your Run???
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed
- 57g maximum weight - if you can get it in there...go for it, but car must keep it's original silhoutte...nothing glued to the wings or bodies.
- Cars - Open Wheel Formula 1/Gran Prix type...some exceptions.
- Limit 2 entries per household
- Axel and Wheels - Keep them retail...what you could buy in a Hot Wheel at anytime
- Dry lube only
- Open Wheel Chassis Formula 1/Gran Prix Body Style...some examples are Formula 5000, El Ray Special, Turbo Streak, Speedy Perez, Winning Formula, Formul8r and the exception is Formula Street which has fenders over the wheels but it is a legal casting(but if modifying one you could remove the fenders)...and there are several other great castings out there and the Pro Circuit line as well.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host on or before Friday 8/31/2018. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 9/1/2018 and the remainder of Labor Day Weekend. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address.
Include $3.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Please print and include a Race ID slip with your entry
Small Trophy and some Prize Cars
Races will be run on the Bootleg Run track.
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random but will try to avoid having an entrant race themselves, especially in the first round.
Per Bootleg Run Rules a car gets one(1) do-over per round...wreck twice in the same Rd...your DQ'ed and out.
Cars are given a grace of 2g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for tournament prizes. Offending cars will still race. Prize will go to the runner-up in the case of penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be repaired before the tournament. Cars that break during the tournament will not be repaired or replaced.