GTR is proud to present Braggin’ Wagon at Shavano Mountain Raceway.
Due to the overwhelming number of entrants (Thank you!) this tournament is now closed. Remember, your entry must arrive by Tuesday, November 21, 2023. The shipping address is below.
Everyone will be filmed for the time trials, two runs down the track, but ONLY THE TOP 64 will advance to head-to-head competition. For more details, see race format and scoring.
Please read the following instructions carefully. If you have questions, please ask the host.
Rules & restrictions
- You must claim a race number to be entered in the tournament. Sign up below: Team, Driver Name, Race Number
- Modified entries only/all brands welcome.
- Only production station wagons allowed. Examples shown below. Chassis must match the vehicle. No fender/wheel well modifications. No “Frankenstein" builds, Fantasy, Tooned, or Concept castings allowed.
- Weight range: 45g-60g (no allowance for going over)
Weight distribution: Aim for 50% weight on the rear wheels and 50% weight on the front wheels. If it's too aft loaded you will spin out on the drift pad.
- No weights can be visible. Painted or Tinted windows allowed.
- 3.25in. long x only 1.5in. tall x 1.25in. wide (must fit on orange track)
- Limit 1 entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed.
- Dry lube only, no putty allowed.
- Entries MUST display their race number either on the doors, the hood or top, or both locations. Numbers can be between 0-999.
- No tape, no sharpie. Looking for clean builds only.
- Keep graphics clean. No offensive or hateful paint jobs will be accepted.
- WARNINGS: Worth reading - www.redlinederby.com/topic/tips-for-racing-on-the-gravity-throttle-racing-track/5797
1) Clearance issues may result in a DNF. Shavano Mountain Raceway is a rallycross track with steep up and down grades. The rule of thumb is to allow 1mm of vertical clearance every 5 mm horizontally from the front and rear wheel centerline (5mm from centerline = 1mm clearance, 10mm from centerline = 2mm clearance, and so on).
2) Narrow-axles increase the chance of the wagon jumping over Shavano creek crooked, causing it to slow down or crash. Aviod a wagon with a narrow front axle and standard rear axle. It's better if both axles are a little narrow or the rear axle is narrower than the front axle. It's best if the axles are standard width. For example, the axles on the Volvo 850 (pictured above) are a little narrower than standard, but they are both the same width. This wagon does fine over the jump and very well in the drift section.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host by Tuesday, 11/21/2023. The Time Trials are scheduled to begin Friday, 12/1/2023. The final race and the results will be posted around February 2024.
How to enter
Send your entry to:
2420 N. Longwood Circle
Wichita, KS. 67226 USA
NO ENTRY FEE.
If you want your entry back, please include $6 if in the US, $15 if in Canada, and $18 if in the UK or France.
PLEASE: Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Shavano Mountain Raceway is a rallycross course.
Race format and scoring
Time trials will determine who advances to the Top 64. The Top 64 will enter triple-elimination 4-round races to determine who advances to the Sweet 16. The scoring for each race will be 5-3-2-1-0 (5pts for first, 3 for second, 2 for third, 1 for fourth, and 0 for a DNF). The Sweet 16 will enter double-elimination 4-round races to determine who advances to the Elite 8. The Elite 8 will enter double-elimination, but will have 8 rounds of racing. The scoring for each race will be 4-3-2-1-0. This differs from 4 rounds of racing where first place gets 5 points. The Final 4 will have 8 rounds of racing with a 4-3-2-1-0 scoring system to determine the inaugural GTR Braggin' Wagon champion!
TRAIN BONUS: There will be bonus opportunities when crossing the train. More details will be announced when the time trials begin.
- Time Trials: 2 on the track, 2x down, last chance for slower driver if needed
- Top 64: triple-elimination, 4 races
- Sweet 16: double-elimination, 2 higher seeds vs 2 lower seeds, 4 races
- Elite 8: double-elimination, 2 higher seeds vs 2 lower seeds, 8 races
- Final 4: 8 races to determine the champion
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins.
The event will feature 3 awards. Trophies with a personal engraving will be awarded for:
1. Fastest time down the track.
2. Best in Show. [I’m prone to pick a classroom of kids for judges!]
3. Overall champion.
Examples of production station wagons
RACE NUMBERS CLAIMED
0 - CashMoneyBoyS - RECEIVED
00 - IBC - RECEIVED
0.725 - Mr. ShotGun
1 - Deedose Diecast - RECEIVED
2 - DogSquabRacing - RECEIVED
3 - SkyRacing - RECEIVED
03 - SpaceCoastAdultDiecastRacing
3B - Triple_B, Shredder Speedway, Cheap Thrills Racing - RECEIVED
4 - Enzed Racing - RECEIVED
04 - VictorFastLane - RECEIVED
5 - Jonabi Racing - RECEIVED
05 - Roddin Racing - RECEIVED
6 - Campbell Creek Run (Greasy)
7 - CraigsterSr, Hot Nuts - RECEIVED
007 - Wes Coasin - RECEIVED
8 - Ruckus Racing - SITTING OUT
08 - Milestone Racing - RECEIVED
9 - Underdogs Unleashed - SITTING OUT
10 - Redline_Salvage_Inc
11 - Team DRT3K, Sam Haul - RECEIVED
12 - Polo Racing - RECEIVED
13 - Dubious Diecast, Mr. Darq - RECEIVED
14 - MDG Racing - RECEIVED
15 - Mini Mafia Motors, Dretty - RECEIVED
16 - Big Al - SITTING OUT
17 - Puffs Racing - RECEIVED
18 - MHQ Racing - RECEIVED
19 - VariatSkunkWorks - RECEIVED
20 - EP Videos, Lucas - RECEIVED
21 - Vapor, Sneaky Bob - RECEIVED
22 - BlueLineRacing - RECEIVED
24 - GT_Diecast
25 - AJ_Grey, Rez Wheels - RECEIVED
27 - G_ForceRacing - RECEIVED
28 - NJ Drive Racing (WallyChamp)
28x - FPD_Racing - RECEIVED
30 - F'D Racing (Redfred1) - RECEIVED
31 - AP3_Diecast, Jack Mahony - RECEIVED
32 - TinyTrackCars - RECEIVED
33 - Longshott Customs (NeilSadler) - RECEIVED
34 - Feral Patrick - IN THE MAIL
35 - HP Racing (Herb Parker) - RECEIVED
37 - Imaginasean Studios - RECEIVED
39 - Rabid_badger - RECEIVED
40 - Sparks Racing
41 - Mayfield41
42 - Button Built Customs - RECEIVED
43 - dr_dodge - RECEIVED
45 - Neckel Racing Team, Schotty - RECEIVED
46 - cirons42, Irons Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
47 - Numbskull Racing - RECEIVED
48 - 407DiecastKings, Jefe - RECEIVED
49 - Rust Belt Racing
53 - The EH Team - RECEIVED
55 - SST Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
57 - Karmic Racing
59 - Jokerkiller, Flaming Spaghetti Racing - RECEIVED
60 - Reyna Racing (Leo) - RECEIVED
63 - Bent Rod Racing
64 - Spirit of 64 - RECEIVED
65 - Kingjester - RECEIVED
66 - American Outlaw Racing
68 - Ghoul City Racing - RECEIVED
69 - R-Lo - RECEIVED
70 - Mopar_Marv, Eric Forman from Marv's Diecast Garage - RECEIVED
71 - Rivera Racing
72 - MCM, Papa Pugsley - RECEIVED
73 - Chase Family Racing - RECEIVED
74 - EssexBoysRacing - RECEIVED
76 - MCR, Bolo Brown - RECEIVED
77 - Blue Ribbon, Golden Owl
78 - Dallas_Coltrane, Dyn-O-Mite Racing - RECEIVED
79 - RaSungod - RECEIVED
80 - NDR (NDeavers80) - RECEIVED
81 - Beeks - RECEIVED
81x - Flips - RECEIVED
83 - HP Racing (Michael Vaughn) - RECEIVED
86 - Chowhound Racing
88 - MWAI Racing - RECEIVED
92 - Grumpy Cloud - RECEIVED
94 - HSL Motorsports - RECEIVED
94 - CutRock'R (Marc D) - RECEIVED
95 - Aces High Racing (Spy Dude) - RECEIVED
97 - Fool's Errand Racing (Justin_Thyme) - RECEIVED
98 - Bad Wool Racing - RECEIVED
99 - Beaverworx Diecast - RECEIVED
100 - RedPanduh - RECEIVED
101 - EnochEl
108 - TitoTito
111 - Grayboys Racing - RECEIVED
125 - Commotion_Diecast
171 - Roberts_DieCast_Motorsports - RECEIVED
187 - Divosi Familia (Papa_Divosi) - RECEIVED
220 - Ragtag Racing - RECEIVED
227 - Jonnys_Speed_Shop, Jon Vista
404 - StarCorps, Wasteland Motorsport - RECEIVED
409 - 409 Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
420 - Street Kingz Racing (SurfLou22) - RECEIVED
442 - CloakedAfterDark - RECEIVED
512 - Live_Young_Diecast, LYDC - RECEIVED
666 - Rust N' Ruin Racing (DemonPreacher) - RECEIVED
713 - Fat Dad Racing (Fat_Dad) - RECEIVED
757 - Soapy_Waters_Racing
777 - Comicazi Racing (StrayDog) - RECEIVED
801 - The Wooden Goose Racing - SITTING OUT
918 - Old_Sarge - RECEIVED
999 - DaBlazeMann (Burnout Peak Diecast) - RECEIVED
B - Cyrano Buckminster - Spazzed & Spurious Racing
K9 - Lily The Dog - RECEIVED
L0L - URENEMIES_Racing_League
VV - DeeZaster Jack - RECEIVED
FINAL COUNT: 109