This is a king of the hill style event that will last till October 1st, 2021. 6 cars will battle it out each round for a chance at the King of the 621 title. The winner each week will be the King of the 621 and will move on to the next round until they are dethroned.
At the end of the year-long series will be a championship tournament will all prior Kings in order to name the King of Kings!
Our Facebook Group
If you are going to send in a car, join our Facebook group: WeRaceDiecast Facebook Group
When we recieve a new car for this event we show it off in the group. We also post updates on upcoming events. Lastly, if you want to contact me via private message that is the place to do it. I am the Admin for the group and you can message me anytime.
YouTube Series Trailer
Rules & restrictions
- Read this page! All of it :)
- Vehicle must be modified or customized in some way, any way. (If you can't do this, let me know and we can work something out)
- 100g maximum weight
- Any diecast car can be used! EXCEPT for ZOOMINS. (must be able to fit down a Hot Wheels 6-lane track)
- Limit 5 entries per DRIVER (If you have multiple drivers in your household that is fine, as long as it isn't crazy, or see next rule)
- Limit 20 cars per Team/Sponsor
- Cars can be returned after races, sender will be required to pay return shipping costs prior to shipping.
- No bearings
- If you have any questions or concerns, contact us on Facebook.
Dates & deadlines
The series will begin in October and run till October 1st 2021. Cars can be sent in at any time during this time to get into a battle!
How to enter
Send your entries to:
7596 Ritchie Hwy #104
Glen Burnie, MD 21060
In your shipment include: the driver name, sponsor and country as a minimum. If your car has a special name you can include that as well.
Racing will be on the 621 Track. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Each event 6 cars will have the opportunity to become the King of the 621 Track.
- 6 contenters race 6 races down the 621
- Points Based: 1st: 7pts | 2nd: 5pts | 3rd: 4pts | 4th: 3pts | 5th: 2pts | 6th: 1pt
- Top 3 cars move on to final round
- 3 challengers and current King will race 4 races down the 621
- Points Based: 1st: 5pts | 2nd: 3pts | 3rd: 2pts | 4th: 1pt
- The winner will become the new king/retain their title
There are no DNFs or eliminations. All close calls are made by the house and are final. If a mistake is made, the affected driver/car could get another entry back into the series at another event (case by case basis).
Second and Third Chances:
Some cars will be afforded a second and possibly third chance to try to reach the title. This will be a case by case basis and will only be afforded to driver/cars that perform really well and may of had a tough break. Not all driver/cars will get this opportunity and it is up to the house on the decision.
Please have fun with this. We are racing toy cars because we enjoy the competition and want to see how our modified cars can do against others who enjoy the hobby. If you get angry at the results keep it to yourself. We will not tolerate any hate. I don't suspect this will be an issue, but just remember we are a community who enjoy the hobby and the goal is to have fun! Cheers!
If the car is overweight they will be disqualified. We will contact the sender and see if we can't figure out a way to get it under the max weight limit.
If the car is stock and not modified in any way they will be disqualified. We will contact the sender and see if we can't figure out a way to modify the car so that it can race.
If the car is damaged when received we will contact the seller and see if we can fix it locally.
Cars will stay for the length of the series (1 year) if they manage to become the king of the 621.
Tips for Success on the 621
I've noticed a few issues with some cars that get here that pertain to their success on the track so I want to give a few tips to those looking to enter a car in the competition.
1. Weight isn't everything. This isn't a gravity drop kind of track where the weight of the car is going to build up more speed as it goes down that initial drop. The hill on the 621 is not as steep and cars slowly build up speed. Heavy cars are still competitive, but cars with less weight are just a competitive if not quicker. The jury is still out on this.
2. Front ground effects on cars is a disadvantage. The start gate on the 621 opens fast, but not lightning fast. So if your car has front ground effects, as the gate opens, that front part of the car is still waiting for the gate to fully open and other cars are starting to go. It happens fast, but is noticable if you watch some of the events. Take Note of the RX-7 in Event 1 on our Youtube page. You will see exactly what we are talking about.
3. The straighter the car rolls the better. In order to win, your car must be fast, but being straight is a key to success. There are some minor errors in the coroplast, 6-lane, and transitions that can throw the car out of balance and sideways; it happens from time to time. so the straighter your car rolls the better chance it has at not running into a competitor or a wall slowing it down.
4. Luck is still part of it. This wouldn't be diecast racing without a little bit of luck. The majority of the time , the fastest, straightest car will win. But if you are going up against some evenly matched cars, you are gonna need a little luck to take the crown as some wild things happen on the track!
At this time there is no prizes for the winners. In 1 years time depending on where we are at with our channel, we may have prizes for the championship tournament.
If you are reading this help us out to grow our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe, like and turn notifications on!
Share with friends and family who might enjoy the content!
Share that you will be competing in our races!
Lets have fun with this and in a years time, I'm sure we will be able to put together some good prizes for the event winners!