The second annual Muscle Car Masters 2022 diecast racing tournament is on the calendar! This is a mail-in tournament for 1/64 scale diecast classic muscle cars. Cars must be replicas of real classic muscle cars that are from '64 to '75. No fantasy cars, or model year cars outside of '64 to '75 will be allowed.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions.
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. NPA allowed. Polishing axles allowed. FTE allowed. No rubber wheels. No Fantasy wheels.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No frankenstein mash-ups, stretching, or chopping. Enlarging fender wells is not allowed.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Any 1/64 scale diecast car of any brand.
- Convertibles must have a painted driver figure.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- American Classic Muscle Cars with model years between '64 and '75 only. Year and model must be clearly visible on the bottom of the car. When in doubt, message the race host with a photo of the bottom of the car.
- Custom paint job required. Numbers are optional. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint pen.
- No offensive graphics or markings. For example, the General Lee is not allowed. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
- The car may have been raced at another track. However, the car needs to look like a completely different car with a face lift (repaint the body as a minimum).
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 6/6/2022. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, 6/12/2021. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Do NOT send money with your entry. I will ship cars back to their owners at the end of December during the Christmas break for those builders that contact me and ask me to send them back. I will tell you the shipping cost when you cost when you contact me. Please do not ask me to send your cars back earlier than December. Many of the participants enter multiple tournaments. So it is easier to send back as a group in one package.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
1. R-Lo Racing
3. Aces High Racing
4. Vapor Racing - RECEIVED
5. Man Child Motorsports - RECEIVED
6. Big Al's Custom Diecast
7. Golden Owl Racing
8. Ra Sungod Racing - RECEIVED
9. FUMO Diecast Racing
10. Poverty Hollow Diecast Racing
11. Flips Racing
12. Live Young Die-Cast
13. PWC Racing
14. Idiot Luggage
15. Willy Maykit Diecast - RECEIVED
16. RTR Diecast Racing League
17. CloakedAfterDark Racing - RECEIVED
18. Zedworld Racing
19. Numbskull Racing
20. Karmic Racing - RECEIVED
21. Code 3 Motorsports - RECEIVED
22. TexTenn Racing - RECEIVED
23. Learnector Racing
24. Dubious Diecast - RECEIVED
25. Merch by Meekin Racing
26. Iron Beard Customs - RECEIVED
27. Rev Hobbies - RECEIVED
28. Rez Wheelz
29. Bisquit Brown
30. DRT3K Racing
31. Madness Motorsports
32. Hot Nuts Die Cast - RECEIVED
1. Spirit Of '64
2. Lily's Boneyard
3. Bay City Diecast Racing
4. G4 Diecast Racing