Need for Speed - The DeLeon (FULL)
I'll take the Mclaren P1. Thanks!
- thank you! — epvideos_diecast_racing
Already messaged you back but just to clarify, I'll take the Acura NSX GT3 custom paint. Thanks!
- Thanks! — epvideos_diecast_racing
1 Lambo Essenza
1 McLaren P1
1 Acura NSX GT3 with Spoiler
- I think R-Lo picked a P1 but you have him listed as submitting a Bugatti — CloakedAfterDark_Racing
Not sure how I got the entry list, but I need to decline the invite to this event. I did double check my totes yesterday, but I have none of those castings.
Thanks for thinking of me for entry
- next time! — epvideos_diecast_racing
Maybe one day I get to race on this track
Just a quick question: why is tungsten putty not allowed? I don't have a problem with it, just curious. Thanks!
- It tends to migrate into places it shouldn’t…I had that happen to one of the Jeeps in the Jamboree… — Crazy_Canuck
- That sux dude. I've only used it on a few builds so far and it was by necessity of having to leave in the interior. — FeralPatrick
- it leaks and ruins your wheels — epvideos_diecast_racing
- I fix my putty using super glue, it makes some sort of of a protective coat over it. It'll be fine on my car, if wheels sucks, it's going to be because of my bad polishing/lubing skills, not because it leaked lol — Underdogs_Unleashed
- I use super glue on putty too, but only to tack it in so it doesn't come loose. I'm thinking UV resin would be good to put a shell around the putty, too. — FeralPatrick
Just finished it. I needed superglue and couldn't go buy some in the weekend, delaying the shipping moment...
Should hit the post office tomorrow
(And here's a proof I didn't used putty)
The other Saleen S7 has left the garage on route to the start. I was tempted to leave it factory silver (like in the movie), but went with blue. I put a few extra coats of clear acrylic after seeing how poorly the paint from my last car held up on this track.
This was my first attempt at casting a chassis in low-temp alloy. It ended up a bit heaver than I intended, and needed some work to get it balanced and under the limit. I still have a ways to go to refine the technic, but the upside is full interior!
- Oh wow, cool! Any tutorials on how to make them metal bases? — Underdogs_Unleashed
- I've been getting all my molding ideas from https://www.youtube.com/@TheCrafsMan. The metal is Roto202 (melts at 202F) which is Bi/Sn. This mold was a "two-part", but I think a "cut-mold" is an easier/better way to go. — TheMakersBox
- Ken, that is really cool... and ambitious. Thanks for sharing the YT link. I don't have the bandwidth to tackle that and my truck tourny, but I love learning. OH, and I promise you'll get your EVO's back. Sheesh, it's been like 18 months. LOL! — GravityThrottleRacing
- Cool thanks, will definitely go take a look at the vid — Underdogs_Unleashed
- Interested to see how it will perform — RLoRacing
- super cool — Numbskull
Forgot to post my finished Sesto! Taegan's chomping at the bit to race at Pikes Peak! We're calling this car 'The Freshmaker'.
- LOVE IT! — epvideos_diecast_racing
- that looks good, so does the car, lol — dr_dodge
- Wow, looks sick! *_* — Underdogs_Unleashed
- Thanks UU! I love the work you put into yours. — FeralPatrick
- Aww thanks :) — Underdogs_Unleashed
- I wish I could use my Dwight S. Gif right now.... "OH MY GOD......." — epvideos_diecast_racing
Just checking to see if my car arrived? I sent it last week,
took 2nd in the nfs light race and no invite lol