Vehicle Hauler Cup seriesSaturday, August 2nd, 2014
Vehicle Hauler Cup - Heavy weight series
- FOTF wins the series
- Video: http://vimeo.com/104858780
- Points: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vKdr7gBFkGUzZ7cOnPvbNOu-ykVWMsZv4SC7106BQkI/edit#gid=0
- Vehicle entry must consist of two vehicles
- One vehicle hauler, and one vehicle to be hauled
- Vehicles must be joined, glued together…no loose projectiles
- The car haulers will race, the vehicle being hauled just need to be there for looks, weight, whatever
- Vehicle being hauled can be a car, boat, truck, canoe, plane, train, motorcycle, some type of vehicle, but it must be identifiable
- Height restriction: 1.30in
- Length restriction: 3 1/2in
- 75 gram max
- Dry lubes only
- No redline wheels
Format and schedule
Single elimination, 1 pt per win, 2pts for winning event
Schedule Aug 2
Hosts...Looking for 5 different tracks and hosts.
Have your Haulers to DVB by July 29th...
74 Chestnut Hill Drive
Seekonk, MA 02771
- Aug 2nd DVB series kick off
- Aug 9th LJLRC/DVB
- Aug 16th Delta 6 Dragway
- Aug 23rd Smitty international drag way
- Aug 30th Michigan, Traction Event
- I would host the finals.
Sloppy, TNfish, Milton, 72 Chevy, Kharvest, DadVbal, Stroller, slash88, nightstalker, Fast Fred, FOTF, D6, Calvinator, Clayfeat,
I was wondering about the redline wheels exclusion. I remember seeing that restriction in other mail in tournaments before, but I guess I missed the previous reasons why. Are they the originial FTEs? Or is it to level the playing field for the newer racers?
- Probably because they are like me and don't want to see those beauties get scratched! — KandORacing
- I can understand that about the whole car or event just the bodies, but not just the wheels. — Milton-Fox
- Maybe it's so that no one is responsible for a car that might be worth more that a few dollars. — hotrainiac
- they have delrin bushings, the inner wheel & axles are round, least friction [race one] — model40fan
"Bandit Towing" ... We'll see you in lane two ! ;
I know what I'll be building.....
I have seen some wild haulers here... some very long wheelbases... can someone with a handy Drag Tracks' starter box, measure from the starter pins back to the box's trailing edge...this may be the maximum "nose to rear wheels" measurement...
"BANDIT TOWIN"... BASE IS STILL IN THE SKUNK WORKS... 84 GRAMS BEFORE GLUEING...;
3 1/2 in from pins to end of start, and the finish line is 1 1/2 in high.
- poor memory tells me the pivot end of the paddles protrudes a little with them fully extended... 1.30" — model40fan
Great idea! Gotta start going through my stuff for a candidate.
Looking good so far Smitty!
the SLOPPY JALOPIES HOLLA CHALLENGE ENTRY mock-up ..."BANDIT TOWIN" ;
- Looking good. — tnfishdaddy
just a thought... the over priced single row of OREO, FIG NEWTON or LORNA-DUNE cookies at a convenience store come in a long square cardboard box... just what we need to protect the radical customs that the series will bring... and because some bases will be spliced, I feel we need more than bubble wrap...these boxes will also pack and ship well, AND WE EAT THE COOKIES !
if we all label our boxes it will make it easy on each host as they can re-use each truck's box getting the perfect fit for each racer...
- Good idea Smitty. — KandORacing
Found this bad boy online. Not sure how fast it is but it sure would look good going down the track.
<a href="http://s987.photobucket.com/user/tnfishdaddy1/media/imagejpg1_zpsadb4dfa8.jpg.html" target="_blank"><img src="/images/static/placeholder.jpg" data-src="http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae353/tnfishdaddy1/imagejpg1_zpsadb4dfa8.jpg" border="0" alt=" photo imagejpg1_zpsadb4dfa8.jpg"/></a>
- The rubber rear tires would most likely prevent it from even getting down the track. — KandORacing
- But yes, it looks fantastic! — KandORacing
- note the chopped top bug, to offset the shorter CHOPPED roof, he shortened the car's body, seen it real life '40 Ford sedan — model40fan
- note if he cut the top of the B pillars instead, file the roof edge, better look ? — model40fan
this idea seems to have some support...i'll try to firm up some rules..
Now that sounds like a lot fun! Yesterday I was painting the ramp truck that Smitty sent me awhile back, so the timing couldn't be any better!