This is an invitational Cannonball in the theme of the De Leon from the NFS the movie. We will be racing eight cars across three host tracks. Maximum weight is just 40g so we expect all cars to be an equal weight. No convertibles, station wagons, trucks, vans, pickups, SUVs, etc. We are looking for Sports Cars and Exotic Cars.
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/843628836208348
Rules & restrictions
- Modified Cars Only
- 40g Weight Limit (You will be notified if >40.1g, Disqualified if >41g)
- Look like Real World Cars (manufacture & wheels)
- No Trucks, Vans, Pickups, SUVs etc. (Looking for Performance Sports Cars & Exotics)
- No Convertibles (due to safety concerns, even with rollbars equipped and waivers signed)
- Clean quality paint job (original Diecast car finish is ok)
- Tasteful, non-controversial design/graphics
- No visible weights, sharp or protruding exterior parts
- Dry Lube only
- Car Numbers are NOT required (but allowed)
- Check in before completing/mailing your ride
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Wednesday, 7/31/2021. Limited to 12 Drivers. Racing is scheduled for Wednesday, 9/1/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
Entry is by Invitation Only
Contact the tournament host to get enquire about race entry.
NO per Driver entry fee.
$5.00 US per Driver (payable once your car passes inspection to help cover mailing costs between events)
Register your Driver's Name and Team Name
(See Prizes & Accounting at the bottom for more details regarding dispersment of money)
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry BUT some how, participants of the Firegone FIREBALL just know that the Race Entry ID slip does NOT apply to them
NOTE: I currently have ALL 12 Drivers lined up for this Invitational Event. Still let me know if you are interested as things may change as the race date approaches. Also, this is the 1st Annual Firegone Fireball and one of many events that I'm planning. So please feel free to reach out and get connected.
What to be a driver for the 2022 Firegone FIREBALL? Enter into other race series that I may be watching ... King of the Mountain (KotM), Dicast International Racing Series (DIRS), King of the Crest Ladder Wars, Monster Motorsports, Formual Diecast Racing, and RLD Summer Pro-Am to name a few. Also, check out my very own Snow Valley Racing Season and Friday Night Street Racing.
All three tracks are confirmed.
- Formula Diecast Racing's Devil's Backbone
- TranSport Diecast Racing's The Crest
- Meal Ticket Raceway
All 12 Drivers are now confirmed.
1. Luke H. - 3D King of the Mountain
2. The Crazy Canuck of the EH-Team - 17th DIRS
3. Rubber-Tow of Monster Motorsports - 7th DIRS
4. Doc of WeRaceDiecast - 1st DIRS
5. Gray Wizard of WeRD! - Winner of the Pre-DIRS Event
6. The Frenchmen - U_U
7. Top Jimmy of Beaverworks Diecast Racing - Pre-DIRS
8. Thom "Spanners" Watson of Chaos Canyon - 2020 DIRS Winner (ARRIVED)
9. The Commish of Dollar Diecast Daily Racing - Big on the scene
10. Slick Rick of Blue Wahoo Racing - Inaugural Devil's Backbone Raceway Event
11. Brian of R.A.C.E. - Street Racer
12. Mr. Darville of R.A.C.E. - Road Warrior
Race format and scoring
Three groups of 4 cars will rotate through 4 different starting positions for a total of 12 runs (like DIRS & KotM). 1st - 5pts, 2nd - 3pts, 3rd - 2pts, 4th - 1pt, DNF - 0pts. These points go toward the Firegone Fireball Points Total.
Three groups of 4 cars will rotate through 4 different starting positions for a total of 12 runs (like DIRS & KotM). 1st - 5pts, 2nd - 3pts, 3rd - 2pts, 4th - 1pt, DNF - 0pts. These points go toward the Firegone Fireball Points Total (and are added to the points carried forward from Track #1).
Track #3 (6 Lane Track)
Two groups of 6 cars will rotate through 2 different starting positions for a total of 4 runs. 1st - 5pts, 2nd - 3pts, 3rd - 2pts, 4th to 6th - 1pt, DNF - 0pts. Watch out, the police may be active. These points go toward the Firegone Fireball Points Total. The Top 6 Points Earning Cars will shoot it out in 3 more runs with rotating starts to determine the Firegone FIREBALL winner.
The winner of the Firegone Fireball is the Driver with the most points!!!
If there is a tie, there will be a head-to-head battle. First Driver to win two in a row will earn 1 extra point and WIN.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Custom diecast car by HWG Diecast PLUS ALL Drivers Collect Racing Paints and Claim Prizes (See Accounting for details). This event is fully sponsored by Marcus Firegone.
Collecting: 12 x $5 = $60 (this helps to cover the shipping cost between events)
Mailing from track to track for 3 tracks = 4x $35 (estimate) = $140
Amazon Gift Cards to Hosting Tracks: 3x $50 = $150 (All 3 tracks are Host Tracks)
Collect Racing Points and turn them in for Prizes:
Total available Racing Points for all Drivers = 368 points (less any DNFs)
- 250 points = CamPark X30 Action Camera
- 180 points = Custom Drawing by Glenn Harding
- 140 points = Custom Hot Wheel with Lighting by HWG Diecast
- 100 points = 1 Transferable Pass to the 2022 Firegone FIREBALL
- 65 points = Firegone FIREBALL T-Shirt (Artwork by Glenn Harding)
- 65 points = Hot Wheels 20 Car Gift Pack
- 50 points = 1 Team/Driver entry to the 2022 Formula $pecial - Diecast Racing League
- 25 points = Dry Lube .23 Ounces
- 25 points = Hot Wheels 10 Car Gift Pack
- 10 points = $5 OFF Slanman Customs
- 10 points = $5 OFF your Custom Hot Wheel with Lighting by HWG Diecast
- 10 points = $5 Amazon Gift Card
You can select multiples (i.e.: 30 points = $15 Amazon Gift Card)
If you want your car mailed back to you at the end you will need to pay for the postage.
My contribution to this event: $414
Note: All money is quoted USD