Join my Facebook Group for all the latest news and updates ... www.facebook.com/groups/843628836208348
The 24 Hours of Le Mans, originally the Grand Prix of Speed and Endurance, probably the world’s best-known automobile race, has run annually since 1923. Since 1928 the winner has been the car that travels the greatest distance in a 24-hour time period. Here we race Diecast Cars for 7 Laps ... to win, you must be able to complete all 7 laps and be the first to cross the line. It is a test of Speed and Endurance!
An offshoot of the Formula $peical (F$), this is a Le Mans inspired Diecast Racing mail-in event with 8 Manufacturers and a total of 12 approved castings that you can choose from. There will be a total of 3 Categories of LeMans, GTE Amateur (AM), GTE Professional (PRO), and Prototype (P2). The GTE PRO/AM Cars are the same set of castings, but different weight limit. The Prototype P2 is a single casting and unlimited weight. AM is limited to 50 grams and PRO is limited to 80 grams. It is NOT about your skill level, just which max weight you want to build to, 50 grams, 80 grams or unlimited. All Categories will run together some of the times and other times the GTE and P2 cars may run separately. Each Category will be ranked and given their own points. We strive to give this the look and feel of real Le Mans racing.
This Event Season will not be cheap. We are going to give generous tips to the tracks that we run on for their effort and so they can enhance their tracks. Teams will also be chipping in to cover the mailing cost between race events, track usage, and for prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for PRO, AM, and P2 for the season. We will be securing sponsors like we have done for F$ to help bring the costs down.
I'm volunteering my time and effort to organize this event, and will be chipping in money as well. I welcome others who would like to help out in any way or by simply providing advice. We need tracks that can handle 6 cars at a time and open wheel cars at that. The tracks also need to have a timing system for qualifying. These ideally would be two lane starting gates with open downhill track. We are also open to considering applications to participate in this Event Season. You must agree to mail-in an appropriate and approved casting for your Team, and contribute the money required to run this event as outlined. Teams/Drivers who are participating in the the 2022 F$ Season will have first pick at a spot on the 2022 Le Mans Grid of 24 cars.
Not for the weak of heart, this is for serious 1:64 scale Diecast F1 Racers who are looking to have some serious fun.
So far we have sponsorship provided by Florence Turgeon, Glenn Harding and 902 Diecast Motorsports. Also, Falken Tire. We are open to other sponsorship suggestions.
The first race will be run on our own track, Snow Valley East, to kick off the season and to demonstrate the Grid Formation Tournament rules. I can't wait, this is going to be a blast. Start your engines!!!
Rules & restrictions
- Choose from 12 Pre-approved Castings (See below)
- Maximum 50 grams for AM (no minium weight restriction)
- Maximum 80 grams for PRO (must be greater than 50 grams)
- Unlimited weight for P2 (no min/max weight restriction)
- Casting must remain intact: no visible weights & original casting design
- Undercarage modifications are allowed as long as it is not visible from above
- Windows can be blackened from the inside to conceil weights.
- 1 Entry per Person (Team/Driver/Car) & choose PRO, AM or P2
- No restrictions on Wheels, Axles or Weights (Black/Gray Wheels, i.e.: NOT clear or orange)
- GTE PRO/AM - NO CAR NUMBERS - remove all numbers from your car. Standard numbers will be applied to your car on your behalf after the car arrives at the track (see below). You can request a number if well in advance before the numbers are ordered, otherwise a number will be assigned.
- Add your own car number for the P2 entries
- Falken - Livery, decals, and/or wheels NOT required but allowed.
- Dry lube only
Original paint is welcome (although you may need to remove numbers). Painting and adding decals is also welcome. AM Class can be stock weight if you so choose.
Unofficial Castings ... Aston Martin Vantage GT3, '20 Toyota GR Supra, Acura NSX GT3, '16 Mercedes-AMG GT3, Renult Sport R.S. 01, BMW Z4 M, and 2018 Bentley Continental GT3 (contact me if you are interested in racing one of these).
The only approved casting for the P2 Category is the Mazda Furai as pictured above.
The Furai, meaning "sound of the wind", was the fifth and last of the Nagare line of concept cars that have been made by Mazda since 2006. The chassis was based on the Courage Competition C65 Le Mans Prototype that Mazda last used to compete in the American Le Mans Series, two seasons previously and was designed to use E100 ethanol fuel, it was powered by a heavily modified 20B 3-rotor wankel engine that produces 450 bhp (336 kW; 456 PS). The engine was developed and built by renowned rotary tuner, Racing Beat, who also built the car's rotary-shaped muffler canister.
Prototype of Numbers for the GTE Category cars is being provided. They will be applied to both doors of your car. Decals by Rust Belt Customs.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 04/30/2022. Racing is scheduled to start has been delayed to Sunday, 05/05/2024. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry. It is best if you contact the tournament host, Marcus Firegone, on the Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/843628836208348
Entry fee is $10. Payable once your car arrives at the track and passes inspection
Entry fee $5 if you also entered the Formula $pecial (F$) Event
Plus $2 for a small plastic storage box or provide your own (don't combine with your F$ car as they are going to different tracks at different times)
Plus an extra $10 if you want your car sent back to you. Payable at the end of the event. Can be combined with F$ car to save money.
Can't get the casting you want ... like the Mazda Furai ... feel free to contact me and I will get Snake to work on it.
(Save on mailing by sending in your Formula $pecial & Le Mans cars in together)
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
The Le Mans Endurance Series (Tracks to be re-confimed/updated)
- The 24 Hours of Snow Valley East - Marcus Firegone - Canada
- The 24 Hours of Thunder Mountain Raceway - playzINC - Australia
Unfortunately we will no longer be running this on a few of the original tracks that we had planned in for in 2022. I'm looking for additional tracks for this 2024 event, so please contact me if you are interested, have a Track Timer, and can handle 6 cars at a time on your track.
Additional Host Tracks:
- G-Force Racing - PCIR
- Treetop Diecast Racing
Falken Tire & Florence Turgeon are our primary sponsors
Plus 902 Diecast Motorsports
Race format and scoring
Qualifying & Races are posted on YouTube. Check my YouTube Channel and the host track YouTube Channels for all Qualifying/Race Results and Content. I will have a playlist for the event as well ... www.youtube.com/channel/UCzB-LWbPedFDJcWQBbKopzQ
Each car will get 3 qualifying runs. The best two times will be averaged together and this average qualifying time will be used to determine the cars starting positions. Qualifying will be split by category, P2, GTE PRO, and GTE AM.
We will be using our own Grid Formation Tournament rules that we have been using for the Formula $pecial (F$). There will be a Grid of 30 cars. This Grid will be split into 5 Packs of 6 car each (P1 - P6, P7 -12, P13 - P18, P19 - P24, P25 - P30). These are referred to as Group 1 (Lead Pack), Group 2 (2nd Pack), Group 3 (3rd Pack), Group 4 (4th Pack) and Group 5 (Last Pack). Cars are arranged by both Category and Qualifying Time. So the first 6 cars will be the P2 Category cars arranged P1 to P6 based on their qualifyting times. Group 2 will start with the GTE PRO cars arranged by qualifying time. The remainder of the field will be the GTE AM cars arranged by their qualifying times.
There will be a total of 7 Laps. Each Pack goes down the track once for the 1st Lap. Different from F$, any cars that DNF are removed from the race, so it is Grid Formation with Elimination. The Lead Pack always remain the P2 Category cars all on their own, even if some are eliminated through DNFs. Group 2 will be the start of the GTE cars. Group 3, 4 & 5 cars are moved up to fill any spots that have opened up by cars that DNF in Group 2 through Group 4. This way cars in the GTE PRO/AM can move up the 4 Groups/Packs. Only cars that finish the race earn points. Points are earned per Category, so the 1st P2 cars earns the same points as the 1st GTE PRO and 1st GTE AM cars. The winner is the 1st car in it's category to go across the line on the final Lap, Lap 7.
Teams/Drivers are only awarded points at the end of the 7th Lap. Same as the 24 Hours of Le Mans, each Category of car (GTE PRO, GTE AM & P2) will be awarded the following points: 50 points for 1st, 36 points for 2nd, 30 points for 3rd, 24 points for 4th, 20 points for 5th, 16 points for 6th, 12 points for 7th, 8 points for 8th, 4 points for 9th, 2 point for 10th and 1 point for each car that finishes the race after 10th place. There is a bonus 2 points for getting Pole Position for each of PRO & AM at the start of the race and 1 point for fastest Lap by class during the race (as long as you also finish the race).
The GTE PRO/AM cars will be run together. Sometimes the P2 cars will be included in the same GTE PRO/AM race and somethines they will be run separately, as the P2 and GTE cars don't "mix" anyway. P2 Category cars are run in separate "breakaway" pack.
Each race venue will have a Qualifying Session to determine starting positions for the race and a full 7 Lap race. Starting position is based on both Category and Qualifying Time.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car may be subject to disqualification. We will work with the Team/Driver to resolve any such problems.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken or that break during racing will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins/continues. Teams/Drivers may replace a car during the season by notifying the tournament host and sending in a replacement car.
Prize to be determined. The Tournament Host and Track Venue Hosts are allowed to participate.
1st Place (PRO/AM): Hot Wheels Toyota GR Supra (902 Diecast Motorsports)
1st - P2
1st - 3rd GTE PRO
1st - 3rd GTE AM
More infomration on prizes comming ...
The following is the Casting Requirements:
- 3 entries required for Ford (choice of any 3 of the Ford castings)
- 3 entries required for Porsche (choice of any 2 of the Porsche castings)
- 3 entries required for Dodge Viper (choice of any 2 of the Dodge Viper castings)
- 2 entries required for Chevrolet Corvette (only 1 casting available)
- 2 entries required for Lamborghini (only 1 casting available)
- 2 entries required for BMW (only 1 casting available)
- 2 entires required for Honda (only 1 casting available)
- 7 entries that are open choice (choice of any of the 11 castings)
Request a casting (I need to approve it first ... and I have already looked at a lot of castings)
There must be a minimum of 8 entries in each of PRO and AM.
Car# PRO/AM: Team Name: Driver: Manufacturer: (DON'T put numbers on your car, we apply number for you)
- 0 - AM - Underdogs_Unleashed (U_U) - TBD - Honda (confirmed)
- 1 - PRO - DRT3K - Sam Haul - Other (confimred +)
- 3 - PRO/AM? - Eyes Up Racing - Igor Baron - Manufacturer? (confirmed)
- 7 - PRO - Snow Valley Racers - Snake - Dodge Viper (confirmed)
- 10 - PRO/AM? - Meal Ticket Raceway - Meal - Manufacturer? (confirmed +)
- 11 - PRO - Down Squad Racing - Gus BR - Other Bentley (confirmed)
- 13 - PRO - Commotion Diecast - Biff Kirby - Ford (confirmed)
- 14 - PRO/AM? - Variat Skunkworks - Goggles Piasano - Manufacturer? (confirmed)
- 17 - PRO - Fire Sloth Racing - Summer Pan - Other Dodge (confirmed +)
- 22 - PRO - DamDiecast Racing - Motorbreath - Porsche (confirmed)
- 23 - AM - RoadRage Racing - Miss Emily - Manufacturer? (confirmed)
- 27 - PRO/AM? - WeRaceDiecast - Glenn Harding - Manufacturer? (confirmed)
- 31 - AM - Commotion Diecast - Cole Trickle - Porsche (confirmed +)
- 36 - PRO - 164 UDR (Underground Diecast Racing) - Enoch El - Other Toyota (confirmed +)
- 37 - P2 - The EH-Team - Indie Rayne - Mazda Furai (confirmed +)
- 44 - P2 - Cheap Thrills Racing - Tripple B - Mazda Furai (confirmed +)
- 46 - PRO - KCLH Racing - Chance Payne - Chevrolet Corvette (confirmed)
- 49 - P2 - Rust Belt Racing - CupKake - Mazda Furai (confirmed +)
- 53 - PRO - The EH-Team - The Crazy Canuck - Ford (confirmed)
- 63 - P2 - Underdogs_Unleashed (U_U) - Idiot Luggage - Mazda Furai (confirmed +)
- 64 - AM - Spirit Of '64 - Bernadette Nitro - BMW (confirmed +)
- 66 - AM - Maker's Box Motors - Boxer - BMW (confirmed +)
- 68 - PRO - Code 3 Motorsports - Dubya D-Fowty - Other Ferrari (confirmed)
- 69 - PRO - R-Lo Racing - R-Lo - Other Acura (confirmed)
- 77 - PRO -Team_13 - Cody Wilson - Other (confirmed)
- 78 - P2 - Canadian Driving Club - Marcus Firegone - Mazda Furai (confirmed +)
- 79 - AM - Ra Sungod Racing - Ra Sungod - Ford (confirmed +)
- 80 - P2 - KCLH Racing - Kyla Payne - Mazda Furai (confirmed +)
- 82 - AM - Grumpy Cloud Racing - Mark Pan - Ford (confirmed +)
- 92 - AM - Pikehill Racing Team - Dominic - Lamborghini (confirmed +)
Distribution of Confirmed Entries:
- Ford: 4 (required minimum 3)
- Porsche: 2 (required minimum 3)
- Dodge Viper: 1 (required minimum 3)
- Chevrolet Corvette: 1 (required minimum 2)
- Lamborghini: 1 (required minimum 2)
- BMW: 2 (required minimum 2)
- Honda: 1 (required minimum 2)
- Mazda Furai: 6 (required 6)
- Other: 6
- Undecided: 6
PRO: 12 AM: 8 P2: 6 Undecided: 4 (PRO/AM minimum 8 each, P2 min/max 6)
Total: 30 out of 30 entries