Reviving a redline for the track
When is this Redline Revival Race? I didn't see it on the races page. Did I miss something?
- https://www.redlinederby.com/topic/salvaged-redline-tournament/5507 — CutRock_R_Marc_D
- June, MDG cheers — CutRock_R_Marc_D
I'm excited for the next Redline Revival race. It was my first tournament a couple years ago.
I know this is an older thread, but that's some nice work rebuilding those oldies.
Ya know on eBay there's a hot fox way to make modern axles work with the old school redline hubcaps...
anyone got any idea how good those bad boys would be?
- Got a link to the video? Sounds interesting, and I have a bunch that need wheel work. — SpyDude
- Uh…no but I can get a link to the eBay item itself…https://www.ebay.com/itm/304568863601?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=iYnUL1vcQhW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=t4xok_xet5c&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY Uh…here. — 0utsiders_Street_Racing
- https://www.ebay.com/itm/304568863601?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=iYnUL1vcQhW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=t4xok_xet5c&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY — 0utsiders_Street_Racing
- BrightVision ... good store. I ordered a couple of the redline wheel wrenches from them, been working on straightening axles where I can. Those swapped axles look good. — SpyDude
- those wheels look nice — dr_dodge
- How did you swap wheels without drilling it? — SpyDude
- Cut wheels off axle, snap the bearings onto axle end and push wheels on. Bearings have a slot to fit over axle, when wheel is on it compresses bearing and slot closes to keep from coming off. — Redline_Salvage_Inc
Hot Swap bearings are awesome, kit out any diecast car with Redlines. A restorer and customizers dream, but as far as racing, maybe not so much. On this mainline Cosworth they seem to have locked down on the axle and turn as a unit(both wheels turn). I'm thinking this is where the micro drill bits I forgot to mention earlier come into play. I didn't polish or graphite anything on it. My track is closed at the moment for some road bed improvements, work should be done tomorrow so will throw it down the mountain then and report back.
- Where did you get the Redline wheels? — SpyDude
- redlineshop.com or brightvision.com think both sell them. — Redline_Salvage_Inc
Like RedlineSalvage, I found out the hard way that these make incredible, but unfortunately, perfectly static display pieces.
But look at that.
- They could roll if you use tubes and cut own axles to length, but entire axle and wheels would rotate as single unit. Not good for racing but would be a "roller" by definition. — Redline_Salvage_Inc
my memory of redline hot wheels tires, they are conical a larger diameter inside edge & smaller outer wall
The next step...fitting the body. Or, at least, getting it close...