Snow Valley Diecast Racing - Open Road Edition
This is our full Downhill Open Track. The track is technically sound with Crash Racers sets and Slanman Customs corners and accessories. I'm still working on making it look cool and impoving the cameras but should have that ready to go for 2022.
Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/843628836208348
Mostly legal Diecast Racing. With 3 BIG Events ... A) Pro Series, B) GT Class Endurance Racers, and C) Prototype Class Endurance Racers.
A) Pro Series
5 Events .... Feb, Mar, Apr, May, & Jun. Each of the first 4 Events are different themes ... 1) Classic Muscle, 2) Sports Car Cup, 3) Midnight Club, & 4) Fantasy Muscle. The Top Drivers of each of these 4 Events battle it out in the 5th and Final Event to be Crowned Snow Valley Cannonball King, win Prizes and earn a seat at the Annual Invitation Only Firegone FIREBALL. Total of 16 Spots available for each of the 4 Race Events.
PLUS a 6th Pro Street Event. The Top 8 Cars from the Snow Valley Friday Night Street Racing Ladder will compete on the Open Road Edition. See Friday Night Street Racing for details.
B) GT Class Endurance Racers
Choose from a total of 30 different Hot Wheels castings. Drivers race 6 times a year for a season accumulating their points. Each race will occur following each of the 5 Events described above, PLUS a huge season ending finale at another epic track. You can either enter a single Driver / Car or a Team with 2 Drivers & 2 Cars. Expect BIG Prizes at the End of the Season for the GT Class Endurance Racers. ONLY 24 Spots available for the Prototype Class Endurance Racers and a Team takes up two spots. This Event has a 50g weight limit. All other Events are 40g. You can choose any car of any region; America, Europe, or Asia.
C) Prototype Class Endurance Racers
A High Octane Event like the GT Class Endurance Racers. One of two HW Castings are allowed in this Event, where Le Mans inspired cars take it to the streets. Drivers race 6 times a year for a season accumulating their points. Each race will occur following each of the 5 Events described above, PLUS a huge season ending finale at another epic track. You will need One Car & Two Drivers (Primary & Scondary Driver). Expect BIG Prizes at the End of the Season for the Prototype Class Endurance Racers. ONLY 24 Spots available.
You do NOT need to enter every Event. Pick and choose or enter them all, it's up to you (while spots are available).
Rules & restrictions
- Modified or Stock Cars (Modified Prefered)
- 40g Weight Limit (You will be notified if >40.1g, Disqualified if >41g)
- 50g Weight Limit (for the GT Class Endurance Racers ONLY)
- Look like Real World Cars (manufacture & wheels) - Unless Otherwise Specified
- NOT These kind of wheels:
- Prototype Class Street Racers & Fantasy Muscle are NOT real-world cars but require real-world looking wheels.
- No Trucks, Vans, Pickups, SUVs etc. (Looking for Performance Sports Cars & Exotics)
- No Convertibles (due to safety concerns, even with rollbars equipped and waivers signed)
- Clean quality paint job (original Diecast car finish is ok)
- Tasteful, non-controversial design/graphics
- No visible weights, sharp or protruding exterior parts
- Dry Lube only
- Car Numbers are NOT required (but allowed) - Unless Otherwise Specified
- Check in before completing/mailing your ride
A) Pro Series
1) Classic Muscle: 1960's to Pre-90's North American Cars
2) Sports Car Cup: 1990's & Newer International Sports Cars (Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc)
3) Midnight Club: 1980s & Newer Japanese Cars
4) Fantasy Muscle: Limited Castings
- Castings: Fast Fish, Torque Twister, D-Muscle, & Night Shifter (ask me about Quick N' SIK)
B) GT Class Endurance Racers: Limited Castings
- Castings: 30 (see Slide at bottom for full list)
- Car Numbers Optional, Number registeration not required.
C) Prototype Class Endurance Racers: Le Mans Cars on the Open Road
- Castings: Prototype H-24 & Super Blitzen Only
- Car Numbers Required. Register your car number in advance.
- Reserved Numbers: 0, 3, 4, 5, 20, 11, 14, 23, 24, 28, & 55
Dates & deadlines
A) Pro Series 1) Classic Muscle, B) GT Class Endurance Racers, & C) Prototype Class Endurance Racers entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 01/08/2022. Racing is scheduled to start February 2022.
A) Pro Series 2) Sports Car Cup entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 02/05/2022. Racing is scheduled to start March 2022.
A) Pro Series 3) Midnight Club entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 03/05/2022. Racing is scheduled to start April 2022.
A) Pro Series 4) Fantasy Muscle entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 04/02/2022. Racing is scheduled to start May 2022.
Race Starts could get delayed but will be finalized before the Firegone FIREBALL in September 2022. Race resuts will be posted here and on YouTube: DiecastRacing.ca
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to enquire about participating in these events.
Optionally, include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Otherwise, entries not getting returned will be kept by the host for future events AND may be eligable for additional Prizes!!!
Please incude an additional $10.00 if you are entering the GT Class Endurance Racers and/or the Prototype Class Endurance Racers Events to help cover the costs of the Special Season Finale Event as we send all the participating cars away to another venue for the last race and back again.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Snow Valley Diecast Racing - Open Road Edition track. View track profile and specs. Track to be completed by 2022 or an alternate track will be used.
Race format and scoring
Racing will consist of groups of 4 cars that will rotate through 4 different starting positions for a total of 4 runs (like DIRS & KotM). 1st - 5pts, 2nd - 3pts, 3rd - 2pts, 4th - 1pt, DNF - 0pts. Top Points Drivers/Cars battle it out in a final group of 4 cars to determine the winner. The Top Drivers/Cars of each Event will then battle it out in Race Event #5 with the Top Drivers/Cars of the other A) Pro Series Race Series. Prizes will be awarded.
The GT Class Endurance Racers & Prototype Class Endurance Racers are the same as above except that they participate as a second race at Every Event during the season and accumulate points. BIG Prizes and and will include a Sixth Event at another Track.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
A) Pro Series:
B) GT Class Endurance Racers:
C) Prototype Class Endurance Racers: