1/64 Dragtracks

Traction-Event Tuesday, 12/25/2012

Jump to last page

Well santa delivered a dragtracks system, which is very cool. But it will not release the cars consistently? some cars it will release every time, others....halfway, or the cars will hang up on the starting pins?

Any help appreciated. I thought I read a review on here talking about this, but now I can't seem to find it?

Merry Christmas all.

Discussion

Page 1 of 2
View member profile
GspeedR 12/25/12

This happened to the C4 club's Expert track when I was down there to race last time. I applied a tiny bit of graphite powder to the pins and the problem stopped. Just an idea.

View member profile
model40fan 12/25/12

i only get about 100 passes per set of batteries.... a power converter- [$16+ shipping, at genuine hot rod parts/ summit racing]... extra track [4] 20" sections $16.00...called [track pac]
try rotating the batteries... also use a quality philips screw driver, their screws arn't, while in there cut one of the speaker wires and tape up the ends...can be annoying to other's NERVES !
i rub a minute film of butter on the pins [if it works its way into the accuators it shouldn't affect it ... oils ?]
when i have a missfire, i "genty" push the pin down and let it pop back up, to disloge anything that might jam the works.
my set doesn't like over 75ish gram cars...
i make track sections that take hot wheels to drag tracks... or drag tracks to hot wheels... i can make a shorter D.T. section...
i made a steel custom manual starter that screws under the DRAG TRACKS starter box for some ravenous J.L. racers.
oh, so cool... just started snowing... HARD...flicked on the outside xmas lights - HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL !

View member profile
Traction-Event 12/25/12

Thanks, took it apart and adjusted 'things' ... much better now. you are right about the heavy weight cars. might just need better solenoids? I'll need to raid the garage, or radio shack. I really like the track dead straight and smooth.

View member profile
model40fan 12/25/12

have spoken with the DRAG TRACKS owner, Wes.. each section is slightly narrower at the lower [female] end of the track... no hang-ups... always have the track section's [male] on the uphill end...1" section allways against the upper side of the transfer...
p.m. me for all the fine print on the back of my AC adaptor.... if you find the right one they are a $1.00 at flee markets...
i think it is a 110 AC to 6 volt DC adaptor ?

View member profile
Traction-Event 12/25/12

pm sent...
Here's a sentence I never though I'd say..... I just buttered my release pins with Pam cooking spray....works great. lol Cars are really moving on this track, most runs are 1.6xs for the fast cars.

View member profile
model40fan 12/25/12

i only use [1] angled section of track, to race bar or tabletop... the johnnies use [3] sections... they are cooking!
one of our hosts only runs the "adaptor" between the starter box and transfer, all the track as run out... very cool !
on the burnout track i use 1/2 of [1] angled section, plus 12" of hot wheels yellow striped track...

View member profile
Traction-Event 12/25/12

Yup dropped the take off to one length of track, much better. added another setion to the flat, and that has made for more entertaing racing. dropped times fron 1.6xs to 1.8xs more come from behind wins for the cars tah preform well on the flats. Thanks for the tips and suggetions.

View member profile
Traction-Event 12/28/12

Well thanks to the heads up from Smitty, I picked up the drag tracks power supply and all my release issues are solved...even with heavy cars. thumbs up....now if I could only keep up to video the action.

Has anyone bought the extra track pack? If so... does it come with cord to extend the finish line? I think I only need two more track pieces..think it comes with 4? anyone want to split a track pack?

View member profile
model40fan 1/4/13

Has anyone bought the extra track pack? If so... does it come with cord to extend the finish line? I think I only need two more track pieces..think it comes with 4? anyone want to split a track pack?

no, the 12' electrical wires and union are sold separately [got them through EXPERT RACERS site]
i do have some extra track sections but they are yellow,
the Southwestern Bell, freedom phone, home communications.
part # for the wire is S60686 =12' phone or modem cable, 6 prong outlet.
part # for the coupler is S60609 = inline coupler, 6 contacts.

View member profile
redlinederby 1/4/13
Site manager

I reviewed the Expert Track a while ago. They shipped me the super version with the extra track and I didn't have any problems with cords reaching.

http://www.redlinederby.com/blog/2011/0 ... ck-review/

I sold my set to SeattleGreyy since I had already invested in a lot of orange track and wanted the option to extend longer if needed. I really wish someone out there would build things that work with the orange track rather than use proprietary stuff.

I reviewed the Expert Track a while ago. They shipped me the super version with the extra track and I didn't have any problems with cords reaching.

http://www.redlinederby.com/blog/2011/0 ... ck-review/

I sold my set to SeattleGreyy since I had already invested in a lot of orange track and wanted the option to extend longer if needed. I really wish someone out there would build things that work with the orange track rather than use proprietary stuff.

Thanks, that is the review I was searching for. My track works great and it is very realiable. I only needed to "fix" a few things the legs are now beefed up, and the power supply took care of any release issues I was having with heavier cars. I also only use one piece of track for the ramp, this slows the cars down a bit and makes them work on more than weight. I'll be adding two more track pieces shortly.

I bought mine just before Christmas from Jegs performance for $59.99, and got the power supply from Ebay for $13.00....a very quick way to get a solid test track.

to join the conversation or sign-up now