2020 Diecast Games

Saturday, August 1st, 2020
Hosted by Big Poppy Racing
Big_Poppy Friday, 6/19/2020

Jump to last page

The 2nd Diecast Games sponsored by Big Poppy Racing. 2019 was a great success 2020 promises to be even better! Up to 32 teams will participate with 4 entries per team. 1 team per person. This is an Olympic style tournament that has 10 events.

Rules & restrictions

• Stock entries only
  • 64.9g maximum weight (Under 65g)
  • 3.5in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide (Cars must fit on sinlge lane track)
  • Limit 1 team per person
  • Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed. NO Sanding wheels!
  • Dry lube only
  • NO Sanding wheels

Dates & deadlines

All entries must be received by the host before Sunday, 8/2/2020. Racing events are scheduled to start Saturday, 9/5/2020. Videos will be uploaded each Friday night detailing each event. The Games will conclude by 12/11/2020. Races can be viewed here:

2020 Diecast Games

How to enter

You MUST INCLUDE THE FORM BELOW & At least $5.00 for return shipping per team if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be retained by Big Poppy Racing for other events.

Send your entries to:
Jim Potts
111 Redbud Drive
Shelbyville, TN 37160

Track

Tracks will include the 1/4, 1/2 and 1 mile, the Roll, the Push, the Climb, the Slalom, the Obstacle Course, the 4 Car Relay & the Fat Track Free For All. Every type of Hot Wheels track produced will be used as well as Playing Mantis, Sizzler and some Adventure Force.

Race format and scoring

Each team will have 4 castings. 1 American (Ford, Dodge, Chevy, etc.), 1 Euro (BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, etc), 1 Asiatic (Datsun, Nissan, Subaru, etc) and 1 Fantasy (Zoom In, 8 Crate, 16 Angels, etc).

Each team will have 2 entries in each event (Except the 4 Car Relay and the Fat Track Free For All, which all cars will race in). Each casting will participate in 6 events overall, 2 mandatory and in 4 selected by team owners.

Each event will award 1 - 20 points depending on finish. (20 points for 1st place, 19 points for 2nd place and so on to 1 point for 20th place) If you finish below 20th place no points will be awarded. These points will be awarded to the individual castings as well as the team. An example, if Team A finished 1st, 13th and 21st in the 1/4 mile they will be awarded 20 for 1st, 8 for 13th and no points for 21st. So team A would receive 28 points for the event.

In the 4 Car Relay each individual car will get the points for 1st - 20th places as stated above. The teams will be awarded for 1st - 20th place points.

In the Fat Track Free For All each car will be awarded 5 points for making it to the Quarter Finals (Top 32), 10 more points for advancing to the Semi-Finals (Top 8), the an additional 25, 20, 15 & 10 for places 1st - 4th. Teams will receive the total of all points their cars score as in the other 9 events.

Penalties/DNF

Cars must be stock with NO modifications, this includes wheel sanding. Dry Lube is allowed this year. Painting or adding numbers or stickers to your cars is encouraged as we are certain there will be many of the same castings. 

If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not be allowed to race. Substitutions can be offered but, Big Poppy Racing will be the final judge in all matters within the Diecast Games. The games WILL start on time! So get your cars in so they can be screened.

Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced. Once the first event starts NO replacements will be allowed.

Prizes

Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals will be awarded to 1st through 3rd place overall finishers in team and individual car points.

Thank you so much for participating and watching our events!

Discussion

Page 1 of 2

The League of Speed will be returning 

View member profile
Uncle_Elvis 6/19/20

Put me down for a spot.

• How about your brother, Uncle_Albert? ???? — Big_Poppy

oh yeah i gotta send em

View member profile
Peter_Bee 6/19/20

Paint and/or sticker mods only? I'm in!

Gen-X Vintage Racing will be sending a squad

Um may I resend an entry form... One of my cars is @ another track.

• Sure, just send the car and form together. — Big_Poppy
View member profile
Mayfield41 6/21/20

I have been waiting for this one 

For regional entries (American, European, & Asian), are tooned versions of standard models allowed?

• Yes, I am allowing "tooned" versions as long as they carry the Company name. BUT you'll have to use the Fantasy spot for a tooned that is not ID'd with make. — Big_Poppy

Good morning Big Poppy,

For 'The Roll', last year there was a slight hill immediately after one of the transitions. Not the initial starting hill, but in down the track.

With 4 cars being entered per team, if there is a slight hill, which car position will start the transition by going down the slight mid-track slope? 

Position 2, 3 or 4?  Thank you and hope you and yours are well!

Bo

• That was the 6 car relay. This year it will be a different set up and only 4 cars. I will do my best to ensure that doesn’t happen this year. I think we’ll be running down my driveway. — Big_Poppy
  • Sounds good. Thank you sir! — Your_Nightmare
View member profile
Peter_Bee 7/27/20

My cars are in the mail! Excited to be a part of the Diecast Games. My oldest, when he was much younger, competed in the Special Olympics. I explained that the Diecast Games were like the Special OLympics for audult men who play with toy cars. He got a chuckle from that. See ya at the races!

• Great! Can’t wait to start. — Big_Poppy

Yes...I fully expect the Lady of Speed to out point me...what else is new..

Silverback Racing is there

• I don’t have your cars. The deadline was Aug 1st. What’s your name? — Big_Poppy

to join the conversation or sign-up now