2021 LOS Nationals - The Z Cars

Saturday, January 9th, 2021
Hosted by The Legion of Speed HQ
LeagueofSpeed Saturday, 8/1/2020

Jump to last page

NOTICE: This event was renamed to "LOS Nationals" from "RLD Nationals" since Redline Derby Racing is not involved in organizing or running this event. Please be aware that the host for this event has been unresponsive for some time. Enter cars at your own risk.

It's time to start planning the Builds for the 2021 LOS Nationals...this time the Z Cars take center stage...from the iconic 240Z up to the 370Z...so you've got some options this go round...the Z's will be classed at 65g and they must maintain that Z look...so keep them looking like a Z you'd see on the Street or in your neighbors driveway...the Field is a hard cap at 32 Teams/64 Cars...Good Luck on the Builds and see you on Quest Speedway in January 2021.

LOS Nationals...Jan to Mar 2021

Rules & restrictions

• Stock and modified entries allowed
  • 65g maximum weight
  • Must be eligible Z Car 240Z to 370Z
  •  Team must be 2 cars 
  • Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed and axel tubes allowed with retail axels
  • Dry lube only
  • The Maisto 370Z is not allowed...to Big
  • The Biggest Z's allowed are the MBX 300ZX and the HW 350Z
  • Keep the Z's like you'd see them on the Street or in a Driveway...as stated in Tournament description above

Dates & deadlines

All entries must be received by the host in or before Wednesday, 1/6/2021. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 1/9/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.

How to enter

Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.

Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.

Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry

Track

Racing will begin on  Quest Speedway and finish on Tobacco Road...with 5 tracks in between View track profile and specs

Race format and scoring

This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.

The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.

Bracket seeding will be random.

The LOS Nationals is 7 Stages and Racers earn a point per win at each track...points will be cumulative and the Team with the most points at the conclusion of Stage 7 will be the Champion

Penalties/DNF

Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.

If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.

Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.

Prizes

Trophy and Bragging Rights

Discussion

Page 1 of 5

NOT ALLOWED- Maisto 370 Z

Biggest Z's ALLOWED MBX 300ZX and HW 350Z

Field Capped at 32 Teams/64 Cars

1) Lady of Speed 

2) League of Speed

3) Speedzilla 

4) Speed Force 

5) Outlaw Racing 

6) MDG Racing 

7) HTown Hustler$

8) 41-14 Racing 

9) MattMan213 

10) L&M Racing 

11) DC Wheels 

12) Ni Racing 

13) MakersBox Racing 

14) BlueLine Racing 

15) Voxxer Racing 

16) RLD Racing 

17) Uncle Elvis Racing 

18) Rivera Racing 

19) Red Pill Racing 

20) ND Racing

21) 9.81 Racing 

22) G-Force Racing 

23) EightOC Racing 

24) DXP Racing 

25) Savage Speeder 

26) Team 164B

27) GenX Vintage Racing 

28) PeterBee Racing 

29) Silverback Racing 

30) Secondhand Speed 

31) CutRock'R Racing 

32) LED Racing 

***Field is Full***

2021 RLD Nationals- 7 Stages(subject to change)

Stage 1- Quest Speedway, NC

Stage 2- D64 Shelf Track, UT

Stage 3- Goodnight Trail, TX

Stage 4- Bayou City Blaster, TX

Stage 5- Tecumseh Proving Grounds, MI

Stage 6- Red Pill Hill, GA

Stage 7- Tobacco Road NC

• If you need another leg on a quarter mile track let me know. I’ll be running a Derby Magic diecast track with timer. — BlueLineRacing
View member profile
Mattman213 8/1/20

Count me and L&M in!

Matt

Imma say maybe I'll let u know 2maro

Porsche 911 gt3 rs???

• Porsche is a European car??? and Z Cars only — LeagueofSpeed
  • Sooo... Its NOT a Z car?... — SavageSpeeder
  • ...a Porsche...you asking that as a serious question — LeagueofSpeed
  • Z's are Asian makes...ya know...Datsun and Nissan — LeagueofSpeed
  • Ohhh ok I like playing with cars but my IRL car knowledge is far & few in between... LOL — SavageSpeeder
  • I may have a datsun somewhere... Are all Nissans & Datsuns z cars — SavageSpeeder
  • That's who manufacturers the Z cars.. — LeagueofSpeed
  • but all Datsun and Nissan's aren't Z's...Nissan is a company like Ford — LeagueofSpeed

I only have 1 z car that i know of... Its the nissan 370z so its up to my parents if I can get 1 from Amazon.

View member profile
dribblybob 8/1/20

Oh yeah count me in on this bad boy! 

View member profile
Uncle_Elvis 8/1/20

Throw my name in, please

Voxxer Racing 2 cars.    Thx.  

View member profile
Mayfield41 8/1/20

2 Z cars for me please

View member profile
redlinederby 8/1/20
Site manager

I'll join this one too. Love me some imports and should have plenty to pick from.