Page 2 of 3

'32-'34 Ford Hot Rod Race...all using a common frame...

Jump to first page Jump to last page

View member profile
fordman 3/4/16

picked through an unfinished racer case... not my entries just examples [ideas]..."Palmyra Princess"

midnight otto body [wheel wells hogged], on a '34 coupe base with '32 delivery's fenders... bomber art decals...

"Bonneville Chop"... chopped, fenderless, FTEs ,'34 coupe body on the stock base...

loser's view

• Definitely a Bonneville chop...can't see much out of that one! — 72_Chevy_C10
  • Love this car. I have tried to do the chop and can never get things to look right. Awesome as usual. — tnfishdaddy
View member profile
fordman 3/4/16

but mikie really likes this one ... " Thomaston Tina"... our state prison was in thomaston for years...

'34 coupe body, converted to 5 window, channelled, hood hole enlarged for the 3 dueces, hot rod is on the wrong base ['32 delivery]...

xxx

• That's pretty sweet, Smitty! A serious 'New England Channel' job on that one! — 72_Chevy_C10
  • yeh, baby ! — fordman
View member profile
fordman 3/4/16

if you already have a body and are going to go out and buy a '34 base get this one, check out the engine / grill detail...

x

i keep the scraps from cut ups in plastic peanut jars... this is the '34 coupe / convertible jar's contents...

View member profile
fordman 3/5/16

1932 to 1934 ford cars or trucks,

dumpin A, '32 delivery, '32 3 window, duece roadster, street rodder, mid mill, midnight otto, '32 pick up, '32 5 window, '32 vicky, '32 vicky, demon, way 2 fast,

'34 3 window, '34 convertible, '34 delivery [small], '34 sedan, '34 delivery [big], '34 roadster [small], '34 5 window, sooo fast,

'34 dodge humpback panel,

... might a missed one ?

• Maybe the Demon/Prowler? — 72_Chevy_C10
  • i listed the demon but i thought prowler would confuse some of the guys... — fordman
  • also the '32 vicky on the pegs is not the same casting as the redline version... — fordman
View member profile
fordman 3/8/16

'34 ford coupe converted to 5 window and channelled over a '34 base with the lakes pipes and their supports removed... hood hole hogged for 3 dueces...

trimmed '34 coupe's grill n' mill...

before and after bases... not exact but close...

xxx

View member profile
WizardofOZ 3/9/16

So I need a Dumpin A chassis. ....correct? 

• The '29 pick-up and A-OK are the same...or you can use the '34 Ford, like Smitty did above...all of those are okay — 72_Chevy_C10
  • [5] base options= dumpin A, A-OK, '29 pick up, '34 coupe or '34 convertible [the one with bumpers] — fordman
  • Got one on the way! — WizardofOZ
  • Cool — 72_Chevy_C10
  • is it being delivered down the yellow brick road ? — fordman
  • Yes sir! — WizardofOZ
View member profile
fordman 3/10/16

little rascal i like to call... "Little Boy Blue" ... subaru [torpedo] FTEs...

loser's view ...

• don't spare the candle when straightening the front bumper ... it WILL snap off ! — fordman
  • Cool Smitty! I have a little soldering torch I use to heat them up — 72_Chevy_C10
  • great stance!... love this one Smitty — Traction-Event
  • Love this one Smitty! Great color choice! — Dadvball
  • $1.68 wally blue ... — fordman
View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 3/11/16

Hey Smitty...or anyone else...What would you like to call this race? It be happening on the 4th of July weekend. I used  like that the Nascar race used to be called the Firecracker 400...something like that, maybe?

View member profile
fordman 3/11/16

who's slapping together a hot rod[s] for this race  ? ...

the sloppies are adding a set of [10 pce.] clock maker's files to the prize pool...

View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 3/11/16

Thanks Smitty! That's cool...little files come in really handy!

This ought to be a fun one, and it will start as the Bare Muscle 3 race ends, so there will be a cross-over of the two events. I'm sensing a BIG weekend of racing coming up this 4th of July!!

• burgers and dogs and hot rods .... mmmmmm... — fordman
View member profile
Dadvball 3/11/16

I'm in. What will the weight choice be?

View member profile
delta6 3/13/16

This is a cool idea, I'm in.

to join the conversation or sign-up now