Diecast Euro Cup 2022 FERRARIFriday, January 14th, 2022
In the spirit of our favorite European sports car makes we will be hosting a "Diecast Euro Cup" series. The series features 4 respective car makes.
(S1) Ferrari: 32 Entries ROSTER FULL.
This is a 4-part modified diecast tournament with four separate race events. Ferrari is the first event in the series and is dedicated to Ferrari castings only. Racing will be hosted on the LYDC YouTube channel. Live Young Die-Cast
We are accepting 32 entries for series 1: Ferrari. If we don't fill the roster or need cars and drivers, the roster will be changed to accomodate interest and/or in-house modified cars might be available for driver selection as needed on a later date.
Please read all rules and format carefully. Comment in the thread to enter and PLEASE include the following info: Team name / Driver Name & Unique Car # (first come, first serve).
If you know for certain that you would like to participate in all 4 Euro Cup events please message me to send in all cars at once. DO NOT SEND cars unless we have discussed this privately.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified FERRARI entries only.
- 70g max weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 1 Ferrari only entry per household
- Retail axles and black plastic wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed. No Tubes. No fantasy wheels.
- Dry lube only
- All weight must be concealed in the body of the car.
- No moving parts unless they are stock and glued shut.
- All cars require custom paint and a unique number visible on the roof and doors. # chosen at sign up. First come, first serve.
- No controversial images, words or symbols on the car. No nude images.
- No stretching the car or enlarging the wheel wells.
- If your car is a convertible, you must add a detailed driver figure and work a little more to conceal the weight.
- Do not send a Fiero.
- You must include a race entry ID slip. Link below in "How to Enter" section.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before 1/4/2022. Racing is scheduled for Friday, 1/14/2022. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
If you would your car returned: Send at least $6.00 to: paypal.me/iambaines or include cash or a pre-paid return shipping label. If your package costs more than $6 to send, please include the difference to ensure a fair return. Entries not getting returned will be kept for exhibition and or given to the winner as part of the prize.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Deep Eddy Raceway. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
This was going to be a "field-elimination" style tournament but we are adjusting to the standard format of "Top 2 advance" from each group to the Semi-final groups and on to Quarter-Finals and then a final 4 car group to get the winner.
The 32 car field begins with 8 groups of 4-cars: Cars will rotate lane positions between each of the laps.
Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random. Points are NOT cumulative between rounds or in the 4-part series overall. In later rounds within each series, the cars might be seeded based upon lap times or scores. This is TBD.
Lap scores are:
4th: 1pt. DNF: 0pts
Bouncing backward behind the finish line after first crossing the finish line, puts you back in the race to earn a DNF or a different finish position. Essentially, your car must come to a rest on or over the line and remain there in order to keep the finish position.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed, we reserve the right to disqualify the car for the race. However we will work with you fully to resolve any issues and keep you in it.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will be attempted to be repaired. We will work and communicate with you. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be repaired before the racing begins. Please keep in mind that a lack of time could prevent certain repairs or changes to get you going.
All four of the series winners will be named together on a billboard to display on the new track and will receive a trophy and prize pack. They advance to a final grand champion event where they'll have a chance to win their own grand champion billboard installed on the Deep Eddy Raceway along with a prize pack and trophy.
- More in Racing & Tournaments
Team: R-Lo Racing
- Welcome R-Lo! — Live_Young_Diecast
Count EPVIDEOS In #20
- Glad to have ya! Driver name? — Live_Young_Diecast
- Driver name: Brian O'Conner — epvideos_diecast_racing
I would like to be in this series please.
- Of course, In! — Live_Young_Diecast
- So, is this for all 3 races? — Sneaky_Bob
This sounds awesome. I would love a spot.
- Welcome to it! Driver name? — Live_Young_Diecast
- Driver: Johnnie Walker — Numbskull
Would love to be in please :) #13 if available
Mr. Darq / Dubious Diecast
- Good to go! — Live_Young_Diecast
Chaos canyon will be in. #32 if available
- Welcome Chaos! So Mr. Darq beat ya to #13. Confirming #32? — Live_Young_Diecast
Monster Motorsports would like to participate! #2
- Welcome my man! Choose that # for me. — Live_Young_Diecast
The EH-Team is in... #37 for the Crazy Canuck
- Done. You got it! — Live_Young_Diecast
Would like a chance.
team: PWC racing
car #3 if its available
Hot wheels Ferrari 512m
- Heya! Welcome man. You're in! — Live_Young_Diecast
- Yes. #3 is yours. — Live_Young_Diecast
- Welcome! #49 is yours. Driver name? — Live_Young_Diecast
Count me in! #77
- Done! — Live_Young_Diecast
Yes! I'm in!
G4 Diecast Racing / Daddy G / #4