This is an expansion of this years DIRS race. It has now expanded to 7 tracks, starting in California end Jan early Feb 2021and finishing at Chaos Canyon (NZ) approx August 2021
This is a modified mail in race, numbers assigned to cars. Full details can be found here www.chaoscanyon.online/forum/general-discussions/dirs-2021-driver-call
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 50g maximum weight
- Must fit in orange track
- Limit 1 entries per household
- FTE/NPA axles allowed.They must look like real wheels - no fantasy/see through wheels
- Dry lube only
- One entry per household
- Must look like a real car. No tooned or fantasy cars
- Preferably based on American muscle cars
- Must have at least custom paint - no stock paint jobs
- If you have an open cockpit (converible/t-tops) you must add a driver figure
- No controversial markings etc
- You will have a number assigned to you and this must be displayed on the doors and roof (or bonnet if convertible) of the vehicle - see the Chaos canyon websit eforum for number allocations
- The overall winner of the DIRS 2021 wins all the vehicles. The entry fee is to offset the overall shipping fees to get the cars to all the tracks
- Pick up trucks are allowed (c10, F100 etc) but no tow trucks, rubbish trucks etc.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Sunday, January 5th 2021. Racing is scheduled for Sunday, January 31st 2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Send your entries to:
PO Box 4988
Cerritos, CA 90703
There is a $10USD entry fee, via PayPal - full details are available here www.chaoscanyon.online/forum/general-discussions/dirs-2021-driver-call
Entries that do not qualify (in the event there are more entries than the max 32 cars) will be returned.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Starting at TranSport Diecast Racing in California it will move to the the new Monster Motorsports Pacific Rim Raceway, then on to RTR Diecast Racing League, Jackson Pass Speedway, the new WeRaceDiecast themed diorama track, then Live Young Diecast before making the longest leg of the journey all the way down to NZ for the finals. Races will take place over a month at each track and will be on the individual channels YouTube channels
Race format and scoring
There is four races per track, four cars per race (max field of 32), alternating start positions each time.
Points are awarded for finishing positions each race: 5pts for 1st, 3pts for 2nd, 2pts for 3rd, 1pt for 4th and 0pts for DNF
If a car ends on it's roof, off track etc it just scores 0pts for that race and is reset for the next one.
The sets of four cars will be mixed up at each track so that you aren't stuck against the same opponents at every track (there may be the occasional double up with some competitors) to try and keep it even and fair.
If there are more than the max 32 entries, then there will be qualifying races to determine the top 32 competitors
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for the tournament
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will score 0pts for thsoe races. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will attempt to be minimally repaired so they can continue.
All the cars from the tournament.