My first attempt at doing more mods than just a wheel change. Trying to keep it simple here and not bite off more than I can chew. The weight limit is 34 grams (I think).
Starting with a Cobra.( I had some big plans for another car/cars and things quickly became too complicated.) So I figured If I could find a car that was semi fast in the first place, maybe I wouldn't take it to far backwards with my "customizing". I found one Cobra with a plastic base. Figured that was a good place to start. I didn't have a scale and have no idea how heavy this thing is in the first place, so I figured I better start removing as much weight as possible.
1. Off with the hood.
2. Remove the engine.
3. Remove as much "extra" metal from the casting as possible.
I don't have a dremel tool so I used a drill and a 3/16 bit and just kept working it around in there.