Hi… hope you have a nice day,
The idea is looking for fastest car from all my collection, not to much but I have to find the fastest car for real race with my community here, In Bandung, Indonesia.
This is the race
And this is the timer I made. Not a Bom ya...
The basic tutorial from
But I can’t find the electrical part from nearest shop here. So just take the logic and find suitable from my junk stuff.
What we need is
- Stopwatch, i find from my junk digital watch
- The sensor I change with some wire for connector.
- Reset Button, take from old electric part.
- Electric wire
The Logic is :
- Pull out the Start/Stop and Reset from Stopwatch/Digital watch. The Stuffs have similar function is have stopwatch timer. So just connect Start/Stop and Reset button contact to the electric wire with solder or something else. Test It.
- In my case, wiring is like with the tutorial. From the watch have 3 wire, start/stop, reset and from battery case.
- passing about resistor, capacitor sensor, ic in the tutorial.
- Connect the reset wire to the battery wire trough the button take from old part. Test it.
- Start/Stop Wire connect to battery wire to test it. If success make it parallel for start gate and finish gate. In my case I used power plug from unused computer power supply and phone wire connector to make it portable.
- Make start gate and finish, on my creation I use plywood for Start gate and replica finish gate from PVC pipe.
- For Start and finish gate contact, I use wire from spring. Connect with the electric wire.
This is The Result :