Join the IDRL Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234741838707119
IDRL YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCELkPjawCZH3zEuYJuH713Q
The cars have entered and are being run on a total of 9 tracks during the summer. All videos will posted between the Canadian and US Thanksgivings.
The IDRL is the largest Diecast Racing Event to date. The Theme is International Sports Car, Sports Cars from anywhere in the world. Bring your Muscle Cars and your A game and may the Best Driver win! Prizes are provided by Meekin, Bregging rights are your own, and Marcus Firegone is covering the cost of the mailing between host tracks.
We are covering 3 Countries and 9 Tracks with 32+ Drivers and we are going to release ALL the video between the Canadian Thanksgiving and the US Thanksgiving.
Only the top 32 cars will qualify for a shot at the Sportsman Cup, the remaining cars will be entered in a special Endurance Cup event. Many races will be taking place simultaneously on multiple tracks.
Do you have what it takes to compete and win!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- Limit 1 entry per Diecast Modifying Hobbyist
- Weight: 60g maximum (50g minimum)
- Standard size cars (Must fit on orange track)
- Muscle/Sports Cars (e.g.: Mustang) (no Exotic, Supercars, Hypercars, or Race Cars)
- Licensed production cars only (No toned, fantasy, prototype or lookalike cars)
- Convertible/t-tops must have an appropriately sized figure in the Driver’s seat.
- No Hatchbacks, Station Wagons, Pickups, Vans, SUVs, or Trucks of any kind.
- No modification to the exterior of the car body.
- No extra accessories can be added to the cars.
- Modifications to the car’s undercarriage / diffuser are allowed in order to reduce track drag.
- Weights should not be easily visible.
- Windows may be tinted/blacked out from the inside but not other colours.
- Retail axles and wheels only (FTEs allowed), must look like real wheels (no fantasy wheels)
- Dry lube only
- You will have a number assigned to you and this number must be displayed on the car (you
- must register a unique number)
- Cars will NOT be returned, they will be left at the various participating tracks.
To clarify, we are looking for Muscle and/or Sports Cars. "Sports car is a more general term for any nimble two-door car that favors performance over all else, while the classic muscle car is a big American V8 coupe that priorities acceleration over handling." - CARFAX
(Please read all the rules carefully and contact the IDRL Event Host / Marcus Firegone if you have any questions)
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, March 19, 2022. We are on a tight timeline. Racing is scheduled throughout the Spring/Summer/Fall. The event will be posted in it's entirety from the Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 10) to the US Thanksgiving (Nov 24). Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the IDRL Event Host.
Please get your cars ready by mid-February and in the mail.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
If you are in the USA, you will be mailing your cars to Meekin
If you are International or in Canada, you will be mailing your cars directly to me. Or if you are already sending me cars for another event, you can include your IDRL car as long as you can get it here on time.
Cars will be Inspected and Qualify in Canada.
< Cars will not be returned to their owners. We plan on leaving the cars at the last track that they participate on. So they will be scattered between tracks. If you enter another event by the track host where your car is, you may be able to have your IDRL car included when you get your other car back. >
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
1. Inspection & Track #7 - Snow Valley East (Canada) www.youtube.com/c/MarcusFiregone
2. Qualifying - Calgary Diecast Racing (Canada) www.youtube.com/c/CalgaryDiecastRacing
3. Track #1 - Aussie Diecast Racing League (Australia) www.youtube.com/channel/UCXf49oIdLZB1LrAaiXJB37w
4. Track #2 - Diecast Dude Racing (USA) (completely redesigned Brick Mountain) www.youtube.com/channel/UChFVfO2PaNObtjOG4iT3D3w
5. Track #3 - Shredder Speedway (USA) www.youtube.com/channel/UCSwRmY-_9c9dT7NhnkEgWLg
6. Track #4 - PlayzINC (Australia) www.youtube.com/user/playzINC
7. Track #5 - Semi Final - Bay City Diecast Racing (USA) www.youtube.com/channel/UCkgEqweh2Obr2JmnB5Sq4aQ
8. Track #6 - Final - Guingoyo (USA) www.youtube.com/channel/UCO8PtLNU3FpiFvmNG8p771w
9. Track #8 - Endurance Cup - Juniors Raceway (USA) www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAsUJFt0icUMSj1SydCk8g
We are still looking for aditional Tracks Hosts. If you have a track that feel would be great for this event, please contact us.
Race format and scoring
Cars will be checked at Snow Valley East to assure that they have met the rules and will be tested on the track. Photos of all entries will be taken for purposes of the score board and social media promotion of the Team/Driver/Event.
Qualifying will be done at a professional Drag Strip. Each car will get 2 runs to record their best time. Cars will be ranked from fasted to slowest cars with previous runs used as tie breakers. The cars will be ranked from 1 to 32+ and sent to different tracks as a result. The top 32 will be entered into the Sportsman Cup but will be divided into 4 groups so that we can simultaneously run them on 4 different tracks.
- Group 1 – 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29
- Group 2 – 2, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30
- Group 3 – 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 31
- Group 4 – 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32
The groups will rotate around Tracks #1 to #4 as follows
- Group 1 is sent to Track #1 for Event 1A
- Group 2 is sent to Track #2 for Event 1B
- Group 3 is sent to Track #3 for Event 1C
- Group 4 is sent to Track #4 for Event 1D
- Group 1 is sent to Track #2 for Event 2A
- Group 2 is sent to Track #3 for Event 2B
- Group 3 is sent to Track #4 for Event 2C
- Group 4 is sent to Track #1 for Event 2D
- Group 1 is sent to Track #3 for Event 3A
- Group 2 is sent to Track #4 for Event 3B
- Group 3 is sent to Track #1 for Event 3C
- Group 4 is sent to Track #2 for Event 3D
Note that each participating car will only be run on 3 out of the 4 tracks.
Cars are run in the standard groups of 4 with 4 runs each and rotating starting positions. For each run cars will accumulate points: 5 for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and 1 for 4th (DNF 0 points)
September - Semi-Final
The TOP 3 points scoring cars from the June, July, August Events will be sent to Track #5. That is a total of 12 cars that will qualify for the Semi-Final. They will be run, same as above, and accumulate more points.
October - Final
The TOP 8 points scoring cars from the Semi-Final will be sent to Track #6 for the final race event. After this event, the car with the most points will be crowned with the Sportsman Cup.
If more than 32 Cars are entered into this Event, the ones that did not qualify will be sent to Track #7 followed by Track #8 for the Endurance Cup. This event will be run during the Summer.
YouTube Postings of Race Results
The Videos will all be posted between the Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 10) and US Thanksgiving (Nov 24). This way the event will flow well and viewers will not have to wait long to see the next race. Fingers crossed :-)
- Qualifying Event 1 - Oct 14th
- Qualifying Event 2 - Oct 15th
- Qualifying Event 3 - Oct 16th
- Endurance Cup - Oct 22nd
- Event 1A – Oct 27th
- Event 1B – Oct 28th
- Event 1C – Oct 29th
- Event 1D – Oct 30th
- Event 2A – Nov 3rd
- Event 2B – Nov 4th
- Event 2C – Nov 5th
- Event 2D – Nov 6th
- Event 3A - Nov 9th
- Event 3B - Nov 10th
- Event 3C - Nov 11th
- Event 3D - Nov 12th
- Semi Final - Nov 20th
- Final - Nov 27th
Cars are given a grace of 1g over or under the stated weight limits to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Any such issues with be discussed with the car owner and we will do everything humanly possible to resolve the issues.
1st place get 100.00 Merch by Meekin gift card, 2nd place gets a 75.00 Merch by Meekin gift card, and 3rd gets a 50.00 Merch by Meekin gift card.
Join the IDRL Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/234741838707119
So far 42 of 50 have arrived. At this point we not expecting anymore cars.