Gulf City Dragway welcomes the RLD 2018 Mini Motor Nationals, Sunday April 15th. This will be a track test and tune-up inaugural race for Gulf City Dragway. This race will feature Hot Wheels and like branded Mini cars. Typically we overlook these castings because they are smaller, shorter wheelbase and generally not thought to be top speed producers. I am hoping that we can make some speed out of these lightweight leftovers.
Rules & Restrictions
- Weight minimum/maximum 40 grams max no minimum.
- Size restrictions; length and height - trying to keep it small under 2.5 in. long or less. Must fit HW Orange Track
- Cars per entrant/household, etc... - 2 stock and 2 mod per team
- 1/64 scale diecast cars. Miniature models of cars for example; Austin Mini, Morris Mini, Fiat 500, Honda Civic, Ford Escort, Pedal Cars, Kool Kombie, possibly Type 2 VW, etc...
- FTE's are allowed...no wheel inserts or bearings allowed...must be stock style axles, axle tubes allowed. Wheels can be sanded and polished
- Stock cars allowed - yes
- Must be drilled rivets - on modified cars
- Dry lubes only
Results and Highlights
Commentary by Redline Derby
The racing action was hot for the modified and stock class brackets. You can check out all the highlights in the videos below.
The modified bracket was whittled down to 41-14 and his Cooper Mini against G-Force running a fat 300C. It was close but 41-14 edged out a victory to be the Mini Motor Nationals modified champion. While G-Force took runner-up honors, League of Speed and Redline Derby battled it out for 3rd and 4th, respectively.
Over in the stock bracket, LeagueOfSpeed with his skull covered Ford Focus locked horns with CC Rider, who was looking to drive his Mini Cooper to victory. It was another tight match but League of Speed won by a bumper, leaving Florida the Mini Motor National stock champion.
Congratulations to everyone that entered and to our champions. Mopar Mafia was a gracious event host and his Gulf City Dragway will definitely be a racing destination again in the future.
How to enter
Post a reply along with how many cars you're planning to enter.
Where to send your cars
PM for track address
Entries must be received by close of business Friday, April 13th.
Traction Event rule applies +/- 3 grams on weight
Winners and Results
TBD. Bragging rights, prestige and the related glory associated.