Official Redline Derby Axle Alignment Jig
Just placed an order for a second one last week. The one I ordered a month or so ago is a little warped I think, my wheels wobble a bit
- Sorry that it sounds like you got a bad one. I try to check each one to make sure the blocks slide well and click into place. I do accept returns if you're unhappy with a jig. — redlinederby
Order placed can't wait to use it.
Got mine today and already putting it to use. Than you love it already.
- Lookin' good! Even got some screws in the ashtray, LOL — redlinederby
Great jig....and i do use hot glue, works fine on a race track. Use Stanley dual temperature and a high quality glue gun like the Arrow brand for $60 at Home Depot, the hotter the glue, the stiffer it cools.
Just a tip, instead of using small weights to hold the car down, just use a rubber band.
- Agreed. I drop on a few wheels weights to keep it firm, nothing too serious — redlinederby
I thought of a design change to improve the jig. Put in a bolt and wing nut through the pieces that slide and add a long slot in the sides, that way you can lock in your wheelbase and prevent it from falling out if you turn it upside down.
- Not a bad idea, I might explore that, thanks. When are you turning your jig upside down? — redlinederby
When gluing plain axles with no tubes, I want to hold the car upright in one hand, and put the jig upside down on the wheels, then flip it over.
If I flip the car over, the glue is not sticky enough to keep the axles from falling out.
Got mine a few weeks ago! Thanks
Our own League of Speed did a great tutorial on not only using the axle jig, but how to align your wheels and get them in the chassis so they're straight ready to roll.
- it was a fun episode...had s blast pubbing the RLD axel jig — LeagueofSpeed
- Well worth viewing! — CutRock_R_Marc_D
Just ordered my jig, I own a small bar in Iowa, and we started having Hotwheels racing on Sundays when the sports all stopped for the virus, and now we are going to keep it going ! Getting ready to do my first mods !
- That's awesome! Reading about a bar league is what inspired me to start racing way back when. It's something you can do outside too so everyone can distance and such. Welcome, and share some photos when you can. — redlinederby
I note when I follow the shop link, you don't deliver to the UK. Any plans to change that going forward?
- I can't offer free shipping to outside the US, but I will turn on international shipping within Etsy and you can try and order. It might just cost more to ship than what it costs. — redlinederby
Axle alignment jigs are back on sale. Shipping times might be extended due to trip limitations but you'll get your product as soon as possible.