Redline Derby 10th Anniversary Rip-N-RollSaturday, September 14th, 2019 View race results
This year marks the 10th anniversary of Redline Derby Racing and what better way to celebrate than a race! We're going back to basics with this one so everyone can join in. It's a good old fashioned rip-n-roll. All you need to do is find a car, keep it in the blister, and mail it in.
Cars will get ripped opened on arrival and then we'll race them until only one comes out on top. And this is for pinks, folks, the winner will get all the cars that are entered.
Rules & restrictions
- All brands allowed
- Stock entries only
- Entries must be on card/blister upon arrival (No prize substituting)
- Limit 1 car per household (strictly enforced, sorry)
- No weight limit
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- All axles allowed
- No lubes
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Saturday, 9/14/2019. Racing and results will be posted after that date, proably over the course of the week or so. Follow this thread for updates and results.
How to enter
Send your entries and $1 entry fee to:
Redline Derby Racing c/o Brian Vaughn
PO Box 842
Grove City, OH 43123
Please include a $1 entry fee that will go towards shipping cars to the winner. You will NOT be getting your entry car back.
Please print and include a Race ID slip with your entry
The winner will receive all cars entered. You will NOT get your entry car back.
Prize substituting is not allowed. You cannot send in one car to race and ask that a different car be used for the prize pot. The car you enter is the car that will go to the winner, so keep that in mind.
Races will be run on the Redline Derby Speedway track. It has the 3DBM starting gate and finish line, with seamless track.
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races. Bracket seeding will be random or possibly by some other fun way, we'll see.
Cars that fail to run or fit with the track and accessories, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches.
- More in Racing & Tournaments
Okay guys, I plan to win this so just send all you cars directly to me please, it'll be faster!
Don't send a modern mainline off the pegs...better send something tried...tested and true...the Legion of Speed will be waiting...
I like it, im in. Ill donate a car to the winner.
- If you want to donate an extra car to the prize pot, that's fine, but please know that the car you send in will also go into the prize pot. You won't get it back. — redlinederby
- Lol, i just meant its highly unlikely that ill win, hence ill be "donating a car". — Go_Time
Definitely looking forward to taking part in this event. Race On!
- See you in Ohio my Brother — LeagueofSpeed
Just for clarification, will funny cars will be allowed?
Yes, funny cars are allowed.
There are no restrictions on the make/model or brand of car you can enter. The only criteria is that it must be new and on the blister.
And again...just be prepared to lose that funny car if it loses :)
So yes...pick your best. Funnies, JL Camaros, FTEs...whatever you got. Just no tears when it's over.
- Oh, I'm a complete greenhorn, so I have no doubt I'll lose what I send, but it will be fun watching. — SinisterGrackle
Big Poppy's sending one!
- Got it! — redlinederby
Mine will be shipped this week. : )
- Cool, thanks. I'll start my PO checking routine. — redlinederby
- I'll likely be shipping on Friday, and will let you know then so you can be on the lookout. Thanks man!! — Your_Nightmare
Sending in a Carbonatorrrrrr!
This sounds fun!
Ok, it’s been a loooong time, but for RLD’s 10th Anniversary I’ll be sending something in.
- Welcome back into the fray! — redlinederby
The Legion marches towards Ohio...