Salvaged Redline TournamentTuesday, July 4th, 2023
Drag race tournament for Hot Wheels OG Redlines. Got an old junker at the bottom of your bucket of Hot Wheels? Well get to moding it! Both licensed and fantasy castings are elidgible.
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed
- no maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 1 entry per household
- Any wheel/axle sets, no metal bearings, OG and repro Delrin bearings and wheels are acceptable. FTE/NPA ok
- Any lube is fine, but if using liquid make sure excess is removed. If your car blows it's guts and leaves a dookie streak down my track you will be mocked relentlessly and Depends Undergarments sponsorship decals applied to your vehicle.
- Must use 1977 or earlier Hot Wheels casting (68-77) Only modern parts allowed are wheels and axles, tubes ok. Wheel milling/cutting ok. No black out windows.(exception is Club car Boss Hoss. It came with a blacked out rear window.) interior must be visible from outside.(i.e. dashboard, steering wheel, seats. No window filling.)
- Moding and custom paint is not required, but encouraged. Screws are also encouraged but not required. No exterior weight, must keep body line, no stretching or wheel well hogging.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Tuesday, 6/27/2023. Racing is scheduled for Tuesday, 7/4/2023. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $10.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Overseas entrants will be slightly more depending on country of origin.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Texas Giant. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Cars will alternate lanes between each race. One run down each lane, fastest time advances.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
1/4 mile times will be recorded but 1/3 mile times will be official.
No weight restrictions
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning. Pic is two examples of acceptable entries.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Trophy and some cool HW swag from my collection for the Tourney winner, 2nd & 3rd place finishers. Viewer voting poll will be conducted for best of show and best patina, bonus prize for farthest distance traveled to race. Any questions can be left in this post or PM'd to me directly. Sign up in this post only. Good luck!!
- More in Racing & Tournaments
I'll get in
- Thank you Tim! In — Redline_Salvage_Inc
Awesome. Just checked what I have so looks like I'll have to get something on eBay But I'm in
- RLo in the house Thank you! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
Would Love a Spot Sir! And NO Dookie Trail from me!
- Haha Thank you Sir! In — Redline_Salvage_Inc
- Got me a Spot! : ) — Bent_Rod_Racing
- Like Flynn! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
I'll try my first drag race
will one of these two work?
- 71-72 you are in Sir — Redline_Salvage_Inc
I would like to enter this one
- Thank you Sir! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
I'm in. Mine will be a stock entry, just lubed.
Aces High Racing
- In! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
- Question: if the vehicle has an opening hood/trunk/doors. should they be closed with a dot of glue to keep them shut during the race? — SpyDude
- Nah they'll be fine. — Redline_Salvage_Inc
Count me in please.
- Glad to have ya aboard! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
Count me in I'll see what I can scrape up.
- Glad to have ya Nick! — Redline_Salvage_Inc
I checked my paperwork and modified it to include 77 year models also. Blackwalls were introduced in 75 and redlines phased out in 77. Some castings came with both wheels. either is acceptable.
Can I be put down as a "maybe"? I know I've got a few Redlines SOMEWHERE....just gotta find one. If this fulls up quick then I support whoever has the ugliest car ;)
- I hope I gave enough lead in time for our friends overseas, I'll put you as in. Also no cap on entrants but am requesting only one car this race, it might blow up ya never know. — Redline_Salvage_Inc
- One car is cheaper and quicker to post so it's a win/win situation :) — EnZedRacing
In please! ;-))
Nice motto and I can't wait to run the Texas Giant!
Question: no added weight at all or just invisible i.e. in trunk, below the seats etc?