Drag race tournament for Hot Wheels OG Redlines. Got an old junker at the bottom of your bucket of Hot Wheels? Well get to moding it! Both licensed and fantasy castings are elidgible.
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed
- no maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 1 entry per household
- Any wheel/axle sets, no metal bearings, OG and repro Delrin bearings and wheels are acceptable. FTE/NPA ok
- Any lube is fine, but if using liquid make sure excess is removed. If your car blows it's guts and leaves a dookie streak down my track you will be mocked relentlessly and Depends Undergarments sponsorship decals applied to your vehicle.
- Must use 1977 or earlier Hot Wheels casting (68-77) Only modern parts allowed are wheels and axles, tubes ok. Wheel milling/cutting ok. No black out windows.(exception is Club car Boss Hoss. It came with a blacked out rear window.) interior must be visible from outside.(i.e. dashboard, steering wheel, seats. No window filling.)
- Moding and custom paint is not required, but encouraged. Screws are also encouraged but not required. No exterior weight, must keep body line, no stretching or wheel well hogging.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Tuesday, 6/27/2023. Racing is scheduled for Tuesday, 7/4/2023. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $10.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Overseas entrants will be slightly more depending on country of origin.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Texas Giant. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Cars will alternate lanes between each race. One run down each lane, fastest time advances.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
1/4 mile times will be recorded but 1/3 mile times will be official.
No weight restrictions
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning. Pic is two examples of acceptable entries.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Trophy and some cool HW swag from my collection for the Tourney winner, 2nd & 3rd place finishers. Viewer voting poll will be conducted for best of show and best patina, bonus prize for farthest distance traveled to race. Any questions can be left in this post or PM'd to me directly. Sign up in this post only. Good luck!!
Arrived and qualified:
1. Chowhound Racing 61.2g Lola GT70
2. Enzed Racing 58.7 Jet Threat
3. Road Rage Racing 58.7 Jaguar XJE
4. Cash Money Boys 89.1 57 Chevy
5. Fractal Panda 72.5 Rescue Ranger
6. Uncle Elvis 122.8 Rescue Ranger
7. Marc D Cutrock'r 77.9 Crew Car
8. NDR 60.7 Jet Threat
9. Rez Wheels 99.5 Custom Van
10. Endcount CFR 62.7 Paddy Wagon
11. Elevation Diecast Racing 89.6 Custom Van
12. Isaiah's Race Team 56.7 Turbofire
13. R-lo 126.9 Spoiler Sport
14. SST Racing 65.2 P911
15. Dr. Dodge 64.3 Bye-focal
16. JAC Racing 120.0 Custom Fleetside
17. Blueline Racing 150.1 Spoiler Sport
18. Craigster Sr. 86.2 Poison Pinto
19. BentRod Racing 64.2 Rodger Dodger
20. Wooden Goose Racing 75.1 Steam Roller
21. Mr. Darq 106.66 Custom Van
22. Gravity Throttle Racing 127.4 Custom Van
23. Ghost Driver 128.1 Custom Van
24. DXP 51.9 Twin Mill
25. SpyDude Sugar Caddy 47.7
26. Ra SunGod 57 Chevy 60.8
27. Numbskull Baja Breaker 151.5
28. RSI Hiway Robber 97.1
Final entrant update