Scrapper has opened his chop shop in the underground once again, and is hosting the second annual junkyard style race, known as Scrapper's Showdown! The entry should look like it was put together from parts in a junkyard or pick n' pull. This race is open to all levels of mechanics and drivers. This race will host a 32-car field, which will be conducted in two 16-car brackets. Races will air on the Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing YouTube channel.
The winner will move on and compete in the end-of-season "King of Monsters" championship race!
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- 60g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body or under the chassis. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions.
- 3.25in. long x 1.75in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little more narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. NPA allowed. Polishing axles allowed. Wheel swaps allowed. No rubber wheels. No FTE wheels.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Must be a replica of a real car, truck, van, or SUV. No fantasy castings allowed.
- The entry must look like it was put together from parts in a junkyard or pick n' pull.
- Body can be modified. Frankenstein mash-ups, stretching, or chopping is allowed. Enlarging fender wells is allowed.
- Absolutely NO weapons or Gaslands style add-ons. This is NOT a mad max or post-apocalyptic style race. However, things can be added/modified to the car to make the trunk or hood look like it is warped or bent slightly open.
- The body must be repainted with custom paint scheme. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint brush.
- Windows and windshield must remain installed with your entry. Do not completely fill in the interior to look like a solid block of weight. Windows and windshield may be modified to look aged, cracked, or broken in the spirit of the theme of the race.
- A driver figure must be included inside the car if the roof or doors are missing.
- NO moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trunks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down.
- The car may have been raced at another track. However, the car needs to look like a completely different car with a face lift (repaint the body as a minimum).
- No offensive graphics or markings. No General Lee. No pornography logos. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
Example of an Acceptable Entry
This is an example how an entry should look like. It is in the spirit of the rules.
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 11/28/2022. Racing is scheduled for Friday, 12/9/2022. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Do NOT send money with your entry. I will ship cars back to their owners at the end of December during the Christmas break for those builders that contact me and ask me to send them back. I will tell you the shipping cost when you cost when you contact me. Please do not ask me to send your cars back earlier than December. Many of the participants enter multiple tournaments. So it is easier to send back as a group in one package.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
1. Golden Owl Racing
2. PWC Racing - RECEIVED
3. Idiot Luggage
4. Apothica Death - RECEIVED
5. Rust Belt Racing - RECEIVED
6. Spool Heads Racing - RECEIVED
7. Dubious Diecast - RECEIVED
8. Tiny Track Cars - RECEIVED
9. FUMO Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
10. The Eh Team - RECEIVED
11. Team DRT3K - RECEIVED
12. Diecast Dude Racing
13. Dee Jay - RECEIVED
14. Outsiders - RECEIVED
15. Iron Beard Customs - RECEIVED
16. G4 Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
17. Nick Deavers Racing
18. Code 3 Motorsports - RECEIVED
19. Man Child Motorsports - RECEIVED
20. Ragtag Racing Garage - RECEIVED
21. Chase Family Racing - RECEIVED
22. Numbskull Racing - RECEIVED
23. 2K Racing - RECEIVED
24. Hot Nuts Diecast - RECEIVED
25. Karmic Racing - RECEIVED
26. Grumpy Cloud Racing - RECEIVED
27. R-Lo Racing - RECEIVED
28. Redline Salvage Inc - RECEIVED
29. Aces High Racing - RECEIVED
30. Spirit of '64 - RECEIVED
31. Big Al's Custom Diecast - RECEIVED
32. Puffs Racing - RECEIVED
2. Ra Sungod Racing
3. Gen X Vintage Racing
4. Bent Rod Racing
5. Sanctuary 13 Customs
1. Roadrage Racing - Drop by Request