Page 15 of 17

2016 Pro Series: April, GT Classic

Jump to first page Jump to last page

View member profile
redlinederby 5/21/16
Site manager

Okay, so I mailed Chopper directly and by PM, so hopefully one of those hits the target.

I asked him to send me the cars and I'll do the makeup race. Can't determine any dates/times until I hear back from him as to when I might get cars, but once I get them, I'll be racing ASAP.

View member profile
redlinederby 5/21/16
Site manager

Chopper got in touch and he's sending me the cars soon. So we'll get things back on track real soon. 

View member profile
redlinederby 5/25/16
Site manager

Got word that GT cars will be shipping out to me late today or Thursday. So I should have them by next week and will then race. So look for action after the holiday.

View member profile
Chopper 5/26/16

Hi all,

I just returned from a long road trip and had a chance to read all of your messages. Totally understand why you're all anxious for results, your cars are incredible and I know you put a ton if time into making them. 

Brian emailed me a few days ago, and let me know  it would be best for me to just forward them to him to race. I'm back at the office today and have brought them with me to take to the post office at lunch. I'm throwing in a couple FTE cars I picked up on eBay as prizes.  I'm really disappointed and feel like at let you all down. 

I'm mostly sorry to keep you all waiting. For some reason my iPhone logs me out of RLD every time I go to another page and I didn't have my password while on this last trip so I couldn't chime in or read PMs.   

Can't wait to watch the races on YouTube,

Chopper

View member profile
aircooled 5/31/16

Have the GT cars showed up back East?

View member profile
redlinederby 5/31/16
Site manager

I'll be picking up the GT cars tomorrow after work. Then I'll take stock and see when I can actually race. I'm hoping for Thursday or Friday, but need to check with the family to see what's going on, if anything. I'll definitely be doing a results show since this is the Pro Series, so look for that next week. I think I'll do Instagram photos again during the race for those that don't want to wait (any longer) for final results.

View member profile
redlinederby 6/1/16
Site manager

I think the Hot Wheels gods are just F'ing with us now...

I had Chopper send the cars to my home address with intent to help expedite things a bit. Yet the mailman had a better idea and instead of leaving the box on my doorstep, took it back to the post office for pick-up. In theory, no big deal, however, he took it back to the wrong post office. Instead of the main post office, he took it back to some random branch and, of course, they close at 5p instead of 6p like the main branch. So unless I'm able to sneak out of work early and race through traffic, I probably won't be able to pick up the GTs until Saturday.

And that's that. Sorry...but I guess at this point, what's another few days?

• HAHAHA! Nothing good is ever easy. Poop happens. — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • No hurries, no worries, when you get them you get them. — Eastbound357
  • It is what it is, your doing your best to make it happen. Some things are out of your control. — aircooled
  • Now that's funny stuff. — WizardofOZ
View member profile
redlinederby 6/7/16
Site manager

And the hits just keep coming...

I failed to pick up the GT cars this past weekend because of several trips to the vet on Saturday but also because the stupid post office branch closes at noon on Saturday. So we're back into the work week and the place closes at 5p so I'm going to sneak out of work early one day this week to grab it. So ridiculous.

Sorry for the continued delay.

• I would leave a note for your postman telling him how much grief he has caused and make him bring the package to you. — gtaman
  • I'm beginning to think that "GT" stands for "Gremlin Takeover" — WizardofOZ
View member profile
redlinederby 6/9/16
Site manager

I have the cars! Glory days!

I have the box, at least. It's in my car so I should be able to get to it tonight or this weekend for inventory and some racing. Sorry it took so long but the end is nigh.

View member profile
redlinederby 6/13/16
Site manager

Finally getting to race tonight! Will try to post some videos after but will post all the winner's bracket stuff as soon as I can. Don't know if I'll do a results show...probably not.

Injury report: McJiggles' Ferrari sustained some critical damage in transit...it basically fell apart in my hands, so I did a quick JB job on it to the best of my abilities. I think it's a lost cause but I'll be running it all the same so it's some track time.

Bracket is here: http://challonge.com/rld_pro2016gt

And a friendly PSA about race ID slips. Please, please, please include them with your entries. Or just use an index card, something to identify your car. It makes is very difficult to keep things organized without them...not to mention, hard to return with no address. 

• I had to email my ID Card to Chopper. If you need my info shoot me a message. Rock on! — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • Mine had one, I believe it got lost, I have slips for every car in truck o rama (woot!) — gtaman
View member profile
redlinederby 6/13/16
Site manager

Well, after a very long delay, the GT Classic is in the books and the tournament winner is Traction Event! His Corvette beat out the rest, which included tons of other Vettes.

http://img.redlinederby.com/mlg/85c77a13.jpeg

Here is your results bracket: http://challonge.com/rld_pro2016gt

I'll post video this week once I get it all stitched together and uploaded.

I'll try to get cars packed and ship this weekend but if anyone needs their car super soon, PM me so I can push you to the front of the list.

The Pro Series points standings so you can see who's ahead going into Truck-O-Rama at the end of the month.

View member profile
redlinederby 6/13/16
Site manager

Here's Round 1 & 2 video. Sorry for the low quality. I told my phone to upload 720 but YouTube apparently had a different idea. It's not labeled or anything, sorry...was going for speed. But you can follow along with the bracket, I just race down the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HY8xYWwxc

• Awesome — gtaman
  • Congrats to Traction Event !!! — VoxxerRacing
  • Congratulations TE! I have a few prize cars that didn't fit in the box to send your way. — Chopper
  • Brian, email me the names you're missing addresses for. I have all the boxes and can update the spreadsheet sent you. — Chopper
  • I forgot about the spreadsheet...I'll look there, sorry. — redlinederby

to join the conversation or sign-up now