Page 14 of 17

2016 Pro Series: April, GT Classic

Jump to first page Jump to last page

When is the race?

View member profile
aircooled 5/7/16

Understand Chopped had to move the location of the GT race.  Has a new date been set for the race?

I don't think there has been a date set . I'm sure it will get posted as soon as it is set

View member profile
aircooled 5/9/16

Would it be possible to get an update on the plan for the GT race?

View member profile
redlinederby 5/9/16
Site manager

I'll shoot Copper a mail and see what's up. I haven't heard anything one way or the other. 

But while I have you here, don't forget about the next Pro Series race in June. Deadline is June 10th so it will be here quicker than you think.

• Thanks, you are reading my mind. — aircooled
View member profile
Chopper 5/12/16

I wrote a long post. Not sure where it went. Bottom line. Video making it hard to schedule. Ready to give up on video so can just get racing done. 

• Do you think the race will happen this weekend? — aircooled
View member profile
redlinederby 5/13/16
Site manager

Yeah man, video is secondary and a bonus, not a requirement. If the schedules are tight, just get the racing done and results posted since we're already behind schedule a bit.

• Brian, have you heard from Chopper as to the staus of the GT Race? — aircooled

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u495/Squiggy799/859744eb68c79fd1ebdb13cc7b33e382.jpg

• Can the cars be sent to someone that does have time to race them (and no, I'm not volunteering myself)? — EconoCarl
  • Ditto — WizardofOZ
View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 5/19/16

If this race isn't going to happen soon, I can host it...let me know. 

View member profile
aircooled 5/19/16

I totally agree, send the cars back and run the race later.   I think racing these cars is fun, however it seems that trying to get answers like what is going on with this race get no answers. 

View member profile
Eastbound357 5/19/16

I can wait for a reschedule no hurries or worries here I got enough cars to work on for other up coming races I'm fine with waiting on chopper, I just hope everything is alright seeing as we haven't heard anything from him in awhile.

View member profile
redlinederby 5/19/16
Site manager

It's been a week since Chopper posted anything and emails aren't getting replies either. I'll keep messaging him and hopefully get some response again soon. It's been almost a month in waiting so I'm of a mind to have him ship the cars to me so we can race and get results on the books and move forward.

I don't have a car running but understand wanting to get results. I was hoping to have more points on the books before going into the Truck race.  We all know he planned a big event that got a good response, just the outdoor racing part didn't hold up well. I appreciate his honesty and wanting to redo the race properly - and we all know time is precious - but we've almost reached the point of no return.

It sounds like the consensus would be to just get cars to host that is ready to race so we can get this one run and done. However, please leave a thumbs up reply with your thoughts. 

And my apologies for all the inconvenience. Most of us know this type of thing isn't the norm around here.

• I hope nothing is seriously wrong on his end, but let's got on with the game. This is my first mod entry and am excited — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • Sounds good to me for the cars sent to you and the race run. — aircooled
  • I'm fine with you or c10 offered to run the race as wel, either way if chopper or another host races them we will still have to wait for the — Eastbound357
  • New host to receive the cars we need to be patient a little longer with either outcome of the race. — Eastbound357
  • Think we need to move things along and hope for the best on Chopper's end. — delta6
  • Hey Chopper - hope you are ok. — cliffordshaw
  • Ship the cars to complete the race. — WizardofOZ
  • that darn Bridgette ! — fordman

to join the conversation or sign-up now