Welcome everyone to WorpeX Racing's 8th "Full Draft!"
I am your host - WorpeX - and i'll be telling you a little bit about this incredible tournament and updating you all as the tournament progresses!
What is the full draft? Well, the name actually tells quite a lot! The full lot of cars at our disposal will be competing in a double elimination tournament. Match-ups are generated by (most) cars being placed a bin and drafted completely randomly. If you're picked, you're racing!
These events don't happen too often due to the sheer time commitment and amount of cars. The last Full Draft was in 2011 and the previous 6 of them happened before 2006. I had the forsight in my much younger years to record the results but not the dates of those apparently! Those older drafts don't have their results posted on WorpeX.net but we can still remember the winners! Surprisingly, all of them are still racing today! Lets take a stroll back in time and check out the former champions..
Who are the favorites to win this seasons tournament? Well, right now the favorite to win is the current undefeated champion and WorpeX.net season 2 winner, V-16. That said, it has yet to face some of the new blood on the track who is trying to claim the crown. Big names to watch out for: What-4-2 FTE, Mongoose, HW50 Concept and the only car to beat V-16 last season, Way 2 Fast! Perhaps it may require another V-16 to beat the champ, as the Treasure Hunt V-16, affectionaly named "Bubblegum" has also been looking strong thus far.
We currently stand a little over halfway through the tournament. Rounds 1-3 have been completed. This means over half the field has already been elminated! So lets highlight some of the eliminated cars up to this point. There have been a few big names eliminated early!
Rounds 1 - 3 Highlights:
- TT and Diablo both go 2 and out! These two cars are legends in this circuit. Diablo as the winner of the second Full Draft and TT placed top 5 in 4 of the 6 older races. Neither car seems to have held up to the test of time too well but its nice to see them still racing!
- Another former top car, IROC Firebird, gets upset in the winners bracket by an almost unknown car, 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. The IROC Firebird would then be eliminated in the losers bracket match to the RLD 2013 Middleweight Challenge competitor Speed Blaster FTE!
- Who said Mainline cars can't be fast? Two cars straight from the 2019 pegs, Exotique and King Kuda have been extremely impressive! The former taking a big upset win on the former 5th place in the 2011 Full Draft 65 Corvette. The later knocks down Nerve Hammer from the winners bracket.
- Gspeed, named after Redline Derby Member GspeedR who gifted the car to us, got a tough draw in round 2 as it faced off in a loss to the Triumph FTE.
- 2019 Red Desert Baja and 2012 Chevelle Cup competitor '67 Chevelle SS "Derby" gets eliminated in round 3. It was slow in the mail-in tournaments and, well, it wasn't too quick here either! The final blow was struck by Hammerhead.
- The first stock FTE falls in round 3. Mitsubishi Eclipse Tooned is elminated by Reverb.
- 18 Hotwheels ID cars enter, 11 of them are eliminated by the end of round 3.
- 3 Hotwheels ID cars have yet to lose, however! Mercedes AMG-GT, Viper GTS-R, Rally Finale all sit at 3-0.
- Former 2012 Truck-O-Rama mail-in competitor Oshkosh Snowplow also sits at 3-0 after it made defeating the 2012 Featherweight Challenge competitor Camaro Converable FTE look easy.
- Former Full Draft Winners: C-Class, Shredster and Italia all sit at 3-0. The Matchbox Camaro and Monte Carlo Concept are 2-1.
Thats it for now. Round 4 is currently in progress! You can see the up to date results by clicking here (most recent results are at the bottom) or you can wait for the highlights on my next post.
Thanks for reading!