IDR Build Journal
Believe it or not, the track rebuild I originally planned to start nearly a year ago is about to begin!
As soon as I feel confident I have what I need for the final video of the Death Race I'll start dismantling....and will share demolition updates here!
That being said, many of you know my style, what are some things you'd like to see included in the new track?
I'd like to see flaming hoops and loopta loops. Haha!
Saftey Subsurface lol, but seriously, i'm a fan of longer 2-lane runs.
- Longer is always better. — Numbskull
- That's what she said. — CrazyEights
- That joke never gets old. — Numbskull
- Straight Runs, curves, loops etc, just as long as they are separate tracks? or do you just like the long straight. :) — Dusty
Maybe a jump of some kind is in order? Personally I prefer the drop-off kind to the launch kind, or at least the smoother kind of launch, like WeRD used to have on the There And Back, or even the longer ones on Races & Fun. The little quick pop-up launch ones can be a bit chaotic, but a drop-off gives a chance for some air time without sending the cars tumbling. Just a thought.
No jumps please. Just something that still has long sTr aight aways to build speed and allow opportunities for passing. You're one of the few tracks that still has that. Also, maybe a slightly wider fatal funnel
- I agree. — Numbskull
- totally agree — RoadrageRacing
- That funnel is a heartbreaker. — Redline_Salvage_Inc
- No funnel, recipe for disaster — BlueLineRacing
- Agree, No Jumps! I like to see the cars finish the race. As for the tunnel, please make it wider or do away with it all together! — PoBoy_Racing
- I do love the fatal funnel, however. — Numbskull
- I will follow the advice for my track as well. — Dusty
Gimicks are gimicks.
Transport Diecast was and still is my favorite straight-forward race track (I do have many others). It was/is a 16 second track with some high-horsepower challenges while remaining a deliberate 'race' track (he took his jump out near the end of his season). I hope he comes back.
But commentary and post-production will make any track amazing. You are already a master of both of those. I would just like to see a serious race track, without too many gimicks.
To roughly quote Commotion Diecast in one of his construction videos "people want to see their cars finish races". I agree.
Cheers, Numbskull Racing.
- NO NEED for me to write a comment when R-lo and Numskull just ripped the thoughts from my head.. LOl — RoadrageRacing
- Agreeing with these sentiments. — Scoupe
- P.S. I love the Fatal Funnel. — Numbskull
- Well said, nothing worse than sending cars to tracks to watch them crash. And the faster they are the harder they crash. I get it that for “views” crashes are exciting but if you’re taking mail ins you have to realize the effort put into these cars. They aren’t movie props they are blood sweat and tears if you’re serious and if they just smash and fall off the track it’s a huge disappointment — BlueLineRacing
- Agree totally. Also with Blue Lines comments. I like RACING, and PASSING.... jumps are good for rally, but not for the likes of muscle cars or sports cars. And crashes are a part of racing, but more finishing & less crashing is always good. — G_ForceRacing
- Same here all the way. — GT_Diecast
- Getting the message as well :) — Dusty
This dude's track is crazy-good.
- Never seen this track must be a facebooker! — CrazyEights
- looks good and seems super smooth, cars "lane up" nice — dr_dodge
- Appears that he has improved some materials and lighting.since I last checked up on his YT channel. He has great scenery and action for sure. — Scoupe
- absolutely love the long straights! — G_ForceRacing
- I am loving this track; I can see my design in here. Thank you. — Dusty
Cleared of all the death racers, just prior to demolition
End of day 1, and an era
On another note, if you'd like to see your team logo at my track, either send me a sticker or a jpeg I can print!