A long time ago,
on a track far far away...
May the 4th Be With You Race is going to be a Star Wars themed race.
Will you give into the darkside or embrace the light?
The races will be aired on May 4th, 2021 on the Formula Diecast Racing YouTube Channel
Competitors cars will be featured on a Instagram post on Formula Diecast Racing Instagram: formula_diecast_racing
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed
- 60g maximum weight
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide
- Limit 2 entries per household
- Retail axles and wheels only. FTE/NPA axles allowed.
- Dry lube only
- All cars must be Star Wars based (e.g. Star Wars Castings, Star Wars Paint Job or Decals...)
- Please include on entry form: Driver name, Vehicle name, Race Team name & Light or Dark Side
- Up to 2 entries per household
- Added weight must not be visible from outside the car
- One car per driver name
- Please list on entry form your Redline Derby screenname for results reporting
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Wednesday, 4/21/2021. Racing is scheduled for Tuesday, 5/4/2021. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Devil’s Backbone Raceway. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race. Cars will race side by side 2 at a time.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for victory. Offending cars will still race. Finish position and any prize will go to the runner-up in the case of the penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. Cars that break during racing will not be repaired or replaced.
Custom trophy for the winner of the tournament.
Bragging rights to participants