The Pacific Rim Speedway plays host to a love we all share, known as Pop Culture Carvana! This mail-in tournament pays homage to vehicles from pop culture, to include television, movies, comic, novel, and manga. Only realistic replicas of iconic vehicles allowed. See rules for specific details*
This race will host a 32-car field, which will be conducted in two 16-car brackets. Races will air on the Monster Motorsports Diecast Racing YouTube Channel. This mail-in tournament is for serious builders only. Your entry must be a replica of a popular vehicle in pop culture.
The winner will move on and compete in the end-of-year "King of Monsters" championship race!
Rules & restrictions
- Stock and modified entries allowed.
- 60.0g maximum weight. All added weight must be concealed inside the body. There is no weight allowance. 60.0g is the maximum. No exceptions. I use this 600g Scale.
- 3.25in. long x 2in. tall x 1.25in. wide. Should fit within Hot Wheels black flat track, which is a little narrower than standard orange flat track.
- Limit 1 entries per household. Limit 1 entry per race team. This is to ensure fair representation.
- Retail axles and plastic wheels only. No Fantasy wheels. Polishing axles allowed. No FTE. No rubber wheels.
- Dry lube only. Do not over apply graphite that causes a bunch of graphite to fall out when I open your package.
- Must be a replica of its pop culture counterpart. Similarity is not enough. Must be a replica from television, movies, comic, novels, or manga. For example, I have used in the thumbnail above the Aston Martin from the new James Bond movie, the Cadillac convertible from Karate Kid, and K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider.
- Premium replica with wheel swap allowed. Creating the replica from scratch is also encouraged, but you can also use a premium casting from Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightning or Greenlight. Please annotate the pop culture reference on your entry form if the bottom of the chassis does not state that.
- Specific vehicles can be reserved. I will annotate the pop culture reference next to the team name. So please review the roster. No duplicates please.
- Chassis must match the vehicle. No frankenstein mash-ups, stretching, or chopping. Enlarging fender wells solely for the purpose of installing larger wheels is not allowed. If the pop culture counterpart did not have oversized wheels, your entry should not have larger wheels either.
- NO moving parts allowed, such as hoods, doors, trunks, etc. All moving parts MUST be glued down except wheels of course!
- The body can be repainted with custom paint scheme to match the pop culture counterpart. Do not just draw things on the stock paint with a sharpie or paint pen if it did not appear on the pop culture counterpart that way.
- No offensive graphics or markings. Cars NOT allowed are: the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard, the Pussy Wagon from Kill Bill, the Mutt Cutts van from Dumb and Dumber. I reserve the right to DQ any vehicle that is offensive or not family friendly.
- If you miss the deadline, your car will not be entered. Please be respectful of my time and get your entry shipped out on time.
- No proxy sign-ups allowed. You cannot sign-up anyone other than yourself.
- If you signed up for a previous race hosted by Monster Motorsports, and you are a no show with zero communication prior to the deadline, you will be removed from the current race as well as any future races you have signed up for that are hosted by Monster Motorsports. You will also be replaced with an alternate entry. If you get in touch with me after the deadline and communicate, it is up to my discretion to allow entry into future races. Life happens. I just ask that you communicate.
- You MUST post in this thread, or send me a DM through Redline Derby, to confirm your place on the roster. You are confirmed once you receive my reply regarding your race status.
- When in doubt, or have a question, send me a message here on Redline Derby.
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host before Monday, 1/10/2022. Racing is scheduled for Monday, 1/17/2022. If you do not make the deadline, your car will not race. No exceptions will be made. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
USPS has announced that they are increasing their shipping times and fees for first clas mail service. This impacts most diecast builders that send their cars via the cheaper first class parcel method. You can expect first class service to possibly take up to 7-10 days now.
So if you prefer to continue to use first class service to mail your cars to tournaments, I suggest you plan on shipping at least 2 weeks prior to the deadline. Especially with the holidays approaching.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address for entry.
Include at least $6.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. You can include money with your entry or wait until the tournament is over where the host will reach out to each builder that has not paid return shipping. Cash, PayPal, Venmo, or Facebook Messenger is acceptable. Message host for payment details.
Include a Race Entry ID slip with your entry
Racing will be on the Pacific Rim Speedway - Monster Motorsports. View track profile and specs
Race format and scoring
Races will be running in a standard 16-car bracket with 4 cars participating in each race. The top 2 cars from each race will advance to the next round through to the semi-finals. Bracket seeding will be random. Race host has final decision in all races.
Cars will score points based on how they finish each lap:
1st Place - 5 points
2nd Place - 3 points
3rd place - 2 points
4th Place - 1 point
DNF - 0 points
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, I will contact the owner to discuss options to make the car meet all restrictions. If a compromise that is fair and within restrictions cannot be met, the car will be returned to the owner.
All entries received will be given two test runs (one run in each lane) to ensure it can finish the course of the track without any issues. Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, will forfeit their participation. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be minimally repaired before the racing begins. If cars that break during racing, I will reach out to the owner to work out a solution if possible. Cars that are glued together have come apart in the past due to big crashes on the track. I cannot enforce the use of screws, but it is highly encouraged because they can easily be replaced or opened to help fix any performance issues.
The winner will move on to the year-end "King of Monsters" championship. Additional prizes may be added, but not guaranteed.
1. Golden Owl Racing / Straight Arrow Dodge Van from the 1977 movie "The Van" - RECEIVED
2. PWC Racing / Convertible Camaro from the television series "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" - RECEIVED
3. Underdogs_Unleashed / - DOR - Replaced by Uncle Elvis Racing - 2nd Alternate
4. Chaos Canyon / Beat up yellow Mustang from the 1974 movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" - RECEIVED
5. CutRock 'R / Pauly's yellow Chrysler from the movie "Fat Pizza" - RECEIVED
6. epVideos / yellow Bumblebee Camaro from the "Transformers" franchise - RECEIVED
7. R-Lo Racing / red Toyota Prius from the movie "The Other Guys" - RECEIVED
8. Fractal Panda Diecast Racing / white Lotus Esprit S1 from the 007 movie "The Spy Who Loved Me" - RECEIVED
9. Rust Belt Customs / AMC Pacer from the movie "Wayne's World" - RECEIVED
10. Ra Sungod Racing / red IROC from the animated series "M.A.S.K." - RECEIVED
11. KCLH Racing / black Dodge Charger R/T from the movie "The Fast and the Furious" - RECEIVED
12. Nick Deavers Racing / red Ford SVT Lightning from the movie "Fast and Furious" - RECEIVED
13. G4 Diecast Racing / silver Audi R8 driven by Tony Stark in "Marvel Cinematic Universe" - RECEIVED
14. Aces High Racing / the Batmobile from the 1966 television series "Batman" - RECEIVED
15. The Eh Team / red Mini Cooper S from the 2003 movie "The Italian Job" - RECEIVED
16. Live Young Die-Cast / Stunt Man Mike black Nova from the movie "Death Proof" - RECEIVED
17. Dogtown Racing / 1968 Mercury Cougar XR-7 from the movie "From Dusk Till Dawn" - RECEIVED
18. Rez Wheelz Racing / blue Ford Escort from the movie "Fast and Furious" - RECEIVED
19. Numbskull Racing / red Buick Wildcat from the movie "The Demolition Man" - RECEIVED
20. Dubious-Diecast | Darq-Arts / Ford GT40 from the movie "Ford vs Ferrari" - RECEIVED
21. Vapor Racing / Ford Gran Torino from the movie "Gran Torino" - RECEIVED
22. Team DRT3K / Cruella DeVille's Rolls Royce from the movie "Cruella" - RECEIVED
23. No Regrets Racing / black Pontiac Trans Am from movie series "Smoky and the Bandit" - RECEIVED
24. 2K Racing / yellow 1969 Dodge Charger from the movie "Dirty Mary Crazy Larry" - RECEIVED
25. Code 3 Motorsports / red W Motors Lykan Hypersport from the movie "Fast and Furious 7" - RECEIVED
26. Doc's Speed Shop / Jessie's 1995 white VW Jetta from the movie "The Fast and the Furious" - RECEIVED
27. NJ Drive Racing / Ice Charger from the movie "Fast and Furious 8" - RECEIVED
28. Poverty Hollow ADCR / red charger daytona from the movie "Fast and Furious 6" - RECEIVED
29. Cheap Thrills Racing / red Ferrari 308 GTS from the television series "Magnum P.I." - RECEIVED
30. Flip's Racing / K.I.T.T. from the television series "Knight Rider" - RECEIVED
31. Redline Salvage Inc. / 1968 Mustang from the movie "Bullitt" - DOR - Replaced by FUMO Diecast Racing (1st Alternate)
32. Just Another Pop Culture Reference / VW Beetle from the novel series "Dresden Files" - RECEIVED
1. FUMO Diecast Racing - RECEIVED
2. Uncle Elvis Racing - RECEIVED
3. Lily's Boneyard
4. Shannon BR
5. GenX Vintage Racing
6. Ruckus Racing