This is the HW Dragster Division of the Poppa Speed Invitational. There is only one style of legal casting for this race: the standard HW Dragster casting. Builds must have the Larger size Rear wheel pictured above. You've got 5g to play with to get them to 40g. Good Luck Racers!
Please post questions, comments, and other discussion on the main Poppa Speed Invitational thread.
Rules & restrictions
- Modified entries only
- 40g maximum weight
- Hot Wheels standard Dragster casting(pictured above) only
- Limit 2 entries per Racer
- HW Dragsters came with 2 different Rear Wheels...Builds must have the larger wheels
- You may Wheel swap or use the orginals...wheels must be the same size and diameter as the Stock wheels(front and rear) on the HW Dragster...NO AXEL TUBES...solid uncut axels
- Front and Back Wheels must be same Width and Height as Original Casting...Spokes are fair game
- Dry lube only
- These are Modified entries only...Must have Drilled Rivets...Must Have the same size Wheels as the original casting if Wheel Swap is choosen and brought up to 40g
Dates & deadlines
All entries must be received by the host on or before Saturday, 7/11/2020. Racing is scheduled for Saturday, 7/18/2020. Results will be posted on or after that date as is convenient for the host.
How to enter
Contact the tournament host to get the shipping address.
Include $5.00 for return shipping if you want your entries back. Entries not getting returned will be given to the winner as part of the prize.
Please print and include a Race ID slip with your entry
Trophy and Bragging Rights!!!
Races will be run on the Quest Speedway track.
Race format and scoring
This will be a single-elimination tournament. A car will move on in the bracket only when it wins two races in a row. Cars will alternate lanes between each race.
The car that wins the final race will be declared the winner. Race host has final decision in all races.
Bracket seeding will be random but will try to avoid having an entrant race themselves, especially in the first round.
Cars are given a grace of 1g over the stated weight limit to account for variance in scales.
If a car fails to meet any of the restrictions listed above, the car will not qualify for tournament prizes. Offending cars will still race. Prize will go to the runner-up in the case of penalty car winning.
Cars that fail to run or fit on the track, or that happen to break during racing, will forfeit their matches. Cars that arrive broken will attempt to be repaired before the tournament. Cars that break during the tournament will not be repaired or replaced.
HW Dragster Division Sign-Up 32 Teams/64 Cars
1 - League of Speed
2 - Lady of Speed
3 - Speedzilla
4 - Speed Force
5 - Outlaw Racing
6 - MattMan213
7 - Rivera Racing
8 - DVB Racing
9 - 41-14 Racing
10 - ND Racing
11 - Voxxer Racing