Page 4 of 4

2015 Matchbox Rip-N-Roll

Jump to first page

View member profile
Traction-Event 11/13/15

Bridesmaid duty for me..., can't complain. I had a shot at the title, but couldn't hold on.   Congrats Keith! well earned victory over some fast competition... some serious "Heavy Metal" in those semi, and final rounds. 

Thanks for Hosting Brian!

And a well done to all racers who sent cars in to the Mothership's track. Way to support RLD, through racing...

View member profile
redlinederby 11/15/15
Site manager

Correction: Oof. Okay. Well, I F'ed up on this one...video is great for showing everyone the race but it's also great as a verification tool. After putting together the replay video, I found out that I got the last race results wrong. Watch the video in the first post.

Traction Event won after all, K&O came in second.

I'm guessing that I confused myself when writing down results on paper because it was the same model car in the last 2 races but they switched lanes for the rematch after K&O won the finals. I marked it incorrectly in the commentary and on the Challonge bracket, but as you'll see, the video shows K&O winning the first final coming out of the loser's bracket but then dropping to TE in the rematch.

The first post has been corrected along with a correction in the commentary post as well.

I feel like an ass with this mostly because I should have waited until the video was done to post results at once. So sorry, guys. Traction rightfully earned the prize on the track but I will send K&O a special prize package with some of my own cars as a make good. Hope that's okay.

View member profile
KandORacing 11/15/15

Congratulations Chris! If you didn't use graphite in those wheels, I would highly recommend sending it to race in the LJLRC. 

Brian, absolutely no need to send me a package of anything. Everyone makes mistakes, I know I've made lots. Thanks for having the race!

• you may see those cars again... you just never know... :) — Traction-Event
  • Can't wait to race against them again ;) — KandORacing
View member profile
Traction-Event 11/16/15

Sounds like we'll had some fast and similar cars racing... It's all good. Thanks for the clarification. Congrats to K&O taking this news like a true champ.  Great racing RLD.

View member profile
FOTF 11/17/15

Congrats, Traction Event! Who wants to see K&O win, anyway? Ha-ha-ha! Those should do well if you send them to the LJLRC. Thanks, Brian, for the video and the event!

I have to admit, it's comforting to see that the Nissan bounced rather than drove slowly, ha-ha-ha.

• *raises hand* I would like to see it :p — KandORacing
  • You have to watch the video, Mr. Troll... — FOTF
View member profile
redlinederby 11/23/15
Site manager

Car returns will be shipping out this week, here's a quick run down

Getting their entry cars back:

• FOTF
  • K&O
  • Traction Event

All other entry cars are going to TE as part of the prize pot. If I'm missing someone that wants their cars back, this is your last chance.

View member profile
Traction-Event 11/29/15

Got my prize pack!!!  THANKS Brian, and thanks racers...some very cool cars. 

View member profile
KandORacing 11/30/15

Cars arrived safe and sound, thanks!

• Added the Hot Ones for the mess up :) — redlinederby
  • Thanks! The front wheels spin very nice. I'm going to try it out soon :) — KandORacing

to join the conversation or sign-up now