Page 4 of 7

2016 Pro Series: February, Build your best

Jump to first page Jump to last page

View member profile
redlinederby 2/20/16
Site manager

Received cars from Virginia and South Carolina today. Ohio's entry should be here on Monday in time for Tuesday night's preview show and weigh-in. Who else is left?

Getting excited with all these cars hanging around...

View member profile
2seven 2/22/16

Hey Brian, is there a link or site to go to for the live shows? Thanks really excited for this new addition, great work! 

2seven

• Updated first post with a link. Sorry, thanks. — redlinederby
View member profile
redlinederby 2/22/16
Site manager

Received Ohio and Oregon entries today and I believe that is the last of that I know were on the way. A very good crop of cars that I'm excited to talk about during the show Tuesday night. 

• I'll get my car's backstory posted on here tomorrow — KandORacing
View member profile
EconoCarl 2/23/16

Great job on the live stream Brian. I tried to chat earlier but forgot my password!

IMO the Turbolence or the Cadillac 16 look like the ones to beat.

• hello "econo" long time no type... how's that race car coming?, pix ?? — fordman
  • Hi Carl, love the van in the profile picture. 1st generation? — Finkle_and_Sons
  • Yes Finkle, it's a 1966. — EconoCarl
  • Schmitty, I'll email you some pics soon. — EconoCarl
  • Howdy Buddy, hows been? — Nightstalker
View member profile
redlinederby 2/23/16
Site manager

Just a quick Thanks to everyone that tuned in to the preview show live on Tuesday night. It was a lot of fun for me and hopefully for everyone else. I think it turned out pretty good despite some lag issues later in the broadcast. Watching it back right now, it's funny how QVC it looks with the spinning car...especially Carl's gold brick kicking things off.

Posted the replay video in the first post.

After the new site launches and there's more stat tracking, I should be able to integrate more numbers and stuff into these live broadcasts, so could be very cool stuff in the near future.

Can't wait for Saturday's race show. Have some things planned that will hopefully work out well...or it'll be a complete disaster, but it should be fun all the same.

• What time are you planning on running the race, Brian? — 72_Chevy_C10
  • 10PM ET is what I'm planning... — redlinederby
View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 2/24/16

Lots of good looking cars in this one! Long wheelbase cars all over the place..it will be interesting to see how it goes. Do you have the bracket set up, Brian?

Good luck, Everyone!

View member profile
kylejake 2/24/16

Brian can you post separate pictures of each race car I want to share them on our LJLRC Modified RACING Facebook page. Thank you! Car's are gorgeous! Great video

View member profile
KandORacing 2/24/16

Shoot! I knew I was missing something lastnight. Sorry I forgot to get my car's backstory on here. I'll post the quick rundown. That Chevy was my first mod entry for a gravity race, built August 2013. It was originally on a factory gasser chassis for a KIR even over on the HWC site. It was not a great performer and I always had intention to give it a new lease on life. This last summer I was building it for one of Brian's events on that 34 Ford chassis but did not get it sent out on time. It's a hit and miss performer here at home but some times it loves to go fast! That bumper thingy on the front is something I improvised to push the car back a little further being the start gate. In theory according to what some people have experimented with it should let the car reach a higher top speed? I left the old paint job and decals on that has a little patina now when you look up close. I drenched them wheels in graphite so maybe it Wil do something, fingers crossed! Good luck all and good work with the entries!

• And great work on the presentation, Brian! — KandORacing
View member profile
redlinederby 2/24/16
Site manager

@Raab - I'm planning on doing race prep and bracket seeding tonight. I'll link to the match-ups for everyone to see. And I'm planning on doing the live race show at 10PM ET on Saturday night. Late night maybe ain't the best time to get an audience but it's the only time I have free for a few hours after the kid goes to bed.

@kylejake - I will be taking photos of the entries and I can post or send them to you once I have them.

@KO - Thanks for the detail, sorry I wasn't able to say more about your entry during the show. I thought that tube on the front looked cool without even knowing it had a purpose...good idea to make it functional. In theory, the higher your weight is the more force you'll get...not sure that little bit will make much difference but who knows!?

• Thanks Brian...a little Saturday night shoot out! — 72_Chevy_C10
  • Watched the replay this morning. Plan to watch the actual race live though. — Finkle_and_Sons
  • Great show Brian! — JDC442
View member profile
redlinederby 2/24/16
Site manager

Here's the starting bracket for this Saturday. There are 12 cars racing so it's a pretty small bracket. Each match-up will be best 2-out-of-3 with alternating lanes so that should extend racing a bit and make for better battles.

http://challonge.com/rld_pro_series_1

That bracket shows seed numbers but they don't mean anything...that's just the order I typed them in. CCrider and CliffordShaw will be kicking things off. Carl, JDC, Aircooled and 2Seven get a free pass in the first round.

And it's double elim so everyone gets a second chance anyway...but remember, there are no points for winning a match in the loser's bracket. Only top bracket wins get your points.

• Oh Man ..... I just lost to 72 Chevy C10 less then two weeks ago . — VoxxerRacing
  • You and I are in a tough bracket, Voxxer...the winner of out race gets to face Air Cooled's Way3Fast (which I'm sure is quick!)...Good Luck — 72_Chevy_C10
View member profile
2seven 2/25/16

Fired up fellas! Let the best car roll for the win! 

2seven

View member profile
Diecast64 2/25/16

Wow, great job on the preview show.  That was awesome! I caught a bit of it live and watched the rest later. Getting excited for some good racing this weekend! 

to join the conversation or sign-up now