Page 5 of 17

2016 Pro Series: April, GT Classic

Jump to first page Jump to last page

View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 3/16/16

Progress on the Vette...

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/critterwerks/20160316_091103_zpso3h89umx.jpg

I still need to ad weight and find some speed

• Looking good. Are those medium wheels up front? — JDC442
  • Yup, it's a pretty tight fit — 72_Chevy_C10

I've been working on my Jaguar but the paint hasn't come off in two weeks.

View member profile
WizardofOZ 3/16/16

Paint layed down.

View member profile
WizardofOZ 3/16/16

Your view!

• My old eyes aren't what they used to be. ....I missed some on the tail lights. I better go fix that! — WizardofOZ
  • go wizz go n! — fordman
  • Nicely done — redlinederby
  • Looking good! Yup, that's my view...behind you in the staging lanes :) — 72_Chevy_C10
  • Honestly I'm just glad to be a part of this! I know I have NO chance of winning but this build has been a blast. — WizardofOZ
  • You entered...you have a chance. if you sit on the sidelines... you have no chance. — Traction-Event
  • TE....you're right that's a great way to look at it. — WizardofOZ
  • I'm glad to see you racing, Wizard! — 72_Chevy_C10
  • You can Lose and still get points, so it's always worth entering — redlinederby
  • That really looks good!! I think there are going to be a few Vett's racing. — aircooled
  • Sweet paint !! What year is that Vette ? Looks strong — VoxxerRacing
  • It could be a surprising win though. I once placed lead on a car and won. — Brakefluid_Tracksurgeon
  • 2006 — WizardofOZ
  • I like it. — Nightstalker
  • Nice! — Steele_Mill_Racing
View member profile
Eastbound357 3/16/16

Hopefully I can settle on 1 car today to mod for this, I have way too many choices, but I guess that's a good problem to have.

View member profile
VoxxerRacing 3/16/16

Rules clarification please.   On post at top, it states corvettes 1990 and later.   On post dated  3/12/16 titled " Decision, Decisions ... " It states  " 1990 and newer. "   I do not want any racers to be DQ.  Trying to help out.     Thx.  Voxxer.  

View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 3/16/16

In the intro, it says..."The GT Classic focuses on GT class cars that racing road courses today..." so, I'm assuming that it means 1990 and newer Corvettes. And since all the other cars are newer, it points that way.

Brian, can you clarify?

View member profile
Eastbound357 3/17/16

I have chosen the ford GT-90 it's a well played with car from the 90's I found at a thrift store a few years ago I don't think I'm going to paint it, as you can't replicate that look, although it did get some upgraded wheels and axles, and I will be adding a little weight to it.

• Concept car? check the rules, dont want to to build something you cant race — Traction-Event
  • Thanks for the heads up TE, I didn't think it was a concept but upon further research I was wrong, I will build a different car — Eastbound357
View member profile
72_Chevy_C10 3/17/16

I figure, since it is a GT race, the Corvette needed a bit of scaffolding on the back...

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w407/critterwerks/20160317_215658_zpscocpfwln.jpg

• Nice integration on the wing... lots of vettes... I need to get busy — Traction-Event
  • Thanks TE...it's off a Nissan NSX. — 72_Chevy_C10
View member profile
delta6 3/19/16

Anyone opposed to the new Renault? I did my research and apparently Renault & Nissan have a partnership. I just think this is a pretty cool new casting from Mattel, so I thought I'd see if it would be allowed?

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr253/danielcollick/20160319_155928_zps8epsqihp.jpg

• Not this time, but good to consider for future. Since we're close lets keep rules locked in for now. — redlinederby
  • And that is a great casting, need to keep an eye out — redlinederby
View member profile
Eastbound357 3/20/16

I have decided on a Porsche Panamera, so far it's coming along I had to do a little file work to get the rear wheels in, other than that everything is coming together, now to decide on the weight.

View member profile
tnfishdaddy 3/21/16

Son and I are both going to send in a Porsche. He is on spring break today so he spent the day in the basement running cars. Now let me see if we can mess them up by working on them.

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae353/tnfishdaddy1/Mobile%20Uploads/20160321_161847_zpshrw3yxaz.j...

to join the conversation or sign-up now