Page 6 of 17

2016 Pro Series: April, GT Classic

Jump to first page Jump to last page

Looking forward to some progress shots and fresh builds.... I have something in the works...not yet ready for prime time... soon...soon... you will all tremble...

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u495/Squiggy799/values_bring_1667px.png

View member profile
JDC442 3/21/16

I've had plans developed for my own axle build for some time.  I'm going to finally put them together and apply them to a specifically-chosen (thanks EconoCarl) casting.  Although the axle-wheel assembly plan looks really good on paper, you just never know how an 'experiment' is going to pan out. 

• Carl and JDC team skunkworks... look out racers — Traction-Event
  • Friendly rivals join forces to destroy all in their way, it's like a comic book — redlinederby

Ferrari going to get cracked open this week!  

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u495/Squiggy799/skunkworks.png

• A skunkworks project is a project developed by a small and loosely structured group of people who research and develop a project — JDC442
  • primarily for the sake of radical innovation. The terms originated with Lockheed's World War II Skunk Works project. — JDC442
  • Nice Traction, thought this might be a slam until I looked it up. — JDC442
  • No slam intended or warranted.... — Traction-Event
  • Yup Lockheed... — Traction-Event
  • flying wing 1940's... go mr. kelly go ! — fordman
View member profile
Chopper 3/24/16

Love the logo! If anyone else has a logo, be sure to post. Will be make for a better video production of the event!

chopper

Well I should have been working on my LJLRC DeLorean... but my car for this race has had my attention... I have never built more than the minimum number of cars for any race. I was tempted to build 3-4 cars and see what worked best and send in the best.  In the end I have only built one car. It's a casting I have never built before. I struggled with what to build as well, so many options... Ferrari alone has so many stock fast castings... Lotus, Ford GT's...

I went with an unknown, will it be fast enough? My cards are on the table...

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u495/Squiggy799/TEracing.png

• +1 for KISS — redlinederby
  • Glad there was some challenge in it for you - gotta keep you on your toes — redlinederby
  • That car looks stock ;) — JDC442
View member profile
aircooled 3/24/16

KISS, that sure takes some of us back in time, for sure.

• i saw KISS 35 or more years back... Bangor ME. — fordman
  • We should have a KISS tournament. Gotta paint your cars like your favorite member. — redlinederby
  • Detroit Rock City! — Steele_Mill_Racing
View member profile
EconoCarl 3/25/16

Have the specs for the track been decided yet?

• I'll message Chopper. He should have something by now — redlinederby

Been working on my entry.  Here is my "so far".  Not welded yet.

• Woah. What are those wheels from? — redlinederby
  • I think it is called a Formula Solar. My wife bought it for me. I bought a couple more of them because I liked the wheels so much. — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • The F S was pretty fast so I figured if the speed doesn't transfer over it will at least look cool. — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • The Ferrari was a flea market find. Wheels were locked up but the nice stock weight on it is encouraging — Steele_Mill_Racing

Welded.  Painted.  Need to add some weight and polish her up.   Win or lose I'm enjoying this process for sure.  

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e44/jimhickeymusic/temporary_zpszngrvfpm.jpg

• (Be careful with those wheels, I've found just touching them will rub that chrome right off.) LIKEING THAT PAINT!! — CrzyTrkrDude
  • Great casting choice, known for speed...looks slick with those wheels. — Traction-Event
  • Wild paint -body has texture. Were you able to add weight? — JDC442
  • I can fit some weight in there. Weighing in at 45. Rolls really well and straight after graphite. You are right about the wheel chrome. — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • It scratches real easy. — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • Max weight is 65g so try to get to that as close as you can, 20g's is a lot to play with — redlinederby
  • Yeah its kind of tight in there. I'm using modeling clay so I may have to remove the seats to get it up to weight if I don't find . — Steele_Mill_Racing
  • something else to use to weigh it down around here. — Steele_Mill_Racing
View member profile
Eastbound357 3/28/16

Well I'm going back to the drawing board I had a wheel lock up on me, don't know what happened.

View member profile
aircooled 3/30/16

Is there any updates on the track configuration?

• Been trying to get in touch with Chopper, no replies yet :( — redlinederby

to join the conversation or sign-up now