Page 2 of 3

61-GRAM CHALLENGE

Jump to first page Jump to last page

View member profile
FOTF 4/29/13

Despite the poor BWF showing at McJ's place, assuming my Camaro is not permanently damaged (I don't think it is), I have not given up on this challenge...hopefully it will get more interest (it got enough before I actually made a race out of it--where are all those fast cars now? After the Factory Wars, they should view this as free prizes...).
And Traction Event, to answer your 'lesser Camaro' question without clogging Jiggler's forum, everywhere else my Advent Camaro beats SD's Lenten Camaro. However, despite that, it's our third-fastest car at the moment, so Smitty has reason to be pleased at beating it.

View member profile
Preacher 4/29/13

I'm still waiting for my BWF to arrive in the mail...sure hope that it will live up to its name...well here's chasing speed

Preacher

View member profile
FOTF 4/29/13

As fast as they are, I can't believe you haven't got it yet!

View member profile
FOTF 4/30/13

Note my edits for the original post...

View member profile
Stroller 4/30/13

Wouldn't any car run faster if it was ran on a track with a higher starting point. I think your car was sick on the Factory Wars track or my 69 cent stock corvette couldn't have possibly beat it. Could it? Did it get messed up just from being shipped?

View member profile
FOTF 4/30/13

I'm almost certain of it. Jiggles informed me that one of the axles was out of whack, but he fixed it (though that did absolutely no good against Darth Ubotanium). No, it wouldn't normally beat it, which was why I was initially so willing to race pinks with TE. Then it won a trophy, and a new possibility came to me...
But heck, I've gotta face it: Thirty dollar Camaro might be a great drag car, but a sixty-nine cent Corvette's more of an endurance racer. Was yours the one that beat it once or twice?

View member profile
Stroller 4/30/13

Both parts of one race. Yours must have been sick that wasn't even my fastest car......I will learn how to make better cars. I'm on disability from the Army and I can't afford pricey gear, but I'm having fun.

View member profile
FOTF 4/30/13

I'm sorry to hear that. That has to be tough. All I can say is, if you're making the best of it, then you're enjoying them! (And getting perfect bracket picks in the Fantasy League with them.)

I guess I'll see how Advent looks when he returns...assuming the bubble wrap isn't just too much for him again...

View member profile
GspeedR 5/1/13

I'm almost ready to 'unleash' my latest MBX Superfast additions in an upcoming series...Please note: No bold predictions and/or declarations of imminent victories...I just wanna race toy cars.

GspeedR

View member profile
FOTF 5/1/13

[quote="GspeedR":2b9k49xd]I'm almost ready to 'unleash' my latest MBX Superfast additions in an upcoming series...OF COURSE THEY'RE WELCOME!!!! I only ask that you don't use lubricant; or, that it be less than 61 grams, and you go by the usual lubricant regulations (I consider lubricant a modification).

View member profile
GspeedR 5/1/13

Okay, cool ....but I'm a little confused by your lubricant restriction(s). Are lubricants prohibited? Or are you allowing the use of dry lubricants only(eg: dry graphite powder)?

View member profile
FOTF 5/1/13

lubricants only(eg: dry graphite powder)?

Uh...I think it's normally 'dry lubes only,' right?