The Hollywood Road Race is a theme race where the cars must be a car from a movie or TV show. This race will be run on my Thunder Road track. Check out a clip of the track below.
Rules & Restrictions
- Cars can be any brand 1/64 scale cars
- Cars can be modified or stock.
- Any wheels are allowed.
- Max weight 57 grams
- Max length 4 inches
- Max height 2.5 inches
- Width - must fit on Hot Wheels orange track.
- Cars must be a car from a movie or TV show. Cars cannot be a character car or cars that represent/advertise movies or shows, but should be an actual car IN the movie or show. Some manufacturers have made movie and TV show cars. You can enter those or you can modify and paint your own. If you modify and paint your own, it doesn't have to be the exact year, make, model, or wheels, but should be close. Try to keep to the spirit of the theme. Do your best to replicate the paint job, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- When you send your cars include the movie or show that it is from.
- Try to post a youtube clip or picture of the car in the movie or show.
How to enter
Each racer may enter up to 3 cars. There will be a $1 entrance fee per car. Mail-in cars should be sent with return postage if the racer wants them back.
Where to send your cars
Mail cars to
P.O. Box 156
Don't forget to print an ID card with your entry and include what race this is for as I have a few races coming up close together.
Cars due Feb 18, 2017. Racing will start the following week.
Scoring and Winning
Depending on the number of cars, this will either be a single or double elimination tournament.
I will be keeping points for anyone entering any of my races this year and crown a champion at the end of the year.
I think I have describe the spirit of the theme pretty well. Try to keep to it, but I don't want to argue about whether this or that will work. Just try to make it look like your favorite movie or tv car.
Tracks & Dates
This is not a series event. It will be run on my Thunder Road track. See video at the top.
Winners and Results
Races will be videoed and posted here and on Youtube, as well as other sites and Facebook pages I have.